Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Tax payers dollars hard @ work!

Modern Government is less about doing what i right and in the best interests of the country and more about doing what is popular.

Correct. Democracy is a popularity contest.

It was very interesting listening to talkback last night when i was heading home - there where countless people calling and complaining about Dental care and the costs involved, they where commenting that the government should be providing more dental care for people.

Funny you shoud say that. Mrs just took the boy for his 2 year old checkup at the mobile dental caravan at a school not too far from here.

Her appointment was 15 minutes long and was at 1130 AM. The Dental Nurse thanks her profusly for showing up, as they had called everyone with an appointment this morning, and my wife was the ONLY one to have shown up today. At 1130! Surely there must have been at least 8 slots before that available - None even bothered showing up with their kids. These will be the same people moaning about what the government doesn't do for them etc.

We'll all be paying for these kids rotten teeth soon enough anyway!

I'd rather pay for my own stuff and the useless bludgers can miss out if they can't be assed working to pay for their own. I just had a $6000 operation on Tuesday that the Government has paid nothing towards. Hell, I WORK in public health and see who the real money is spent on.

Edited by Allanw

At what point will these people realize that if we continue to ask the government to pay for or subsidize everything it will just lead to larger tax bills?

Not just tax bills though, it also inflates the price of the service. Double hit.

As for the Treaty, it was a legal document and it was violated.

Im not to worried about the expense as long as there is return on investment. 158k, sure its a lot of money but it's all relative, if they come back with more knowledge, connections, enthusiasm etc etc then 158k would not be a huge amount to make back in future savings, efficiency and benefits for the county. NZ doesn't have the funds to be innovators so sending MP's over seas to seek the best ideas the world has to offer... seems ok to me

As for the partners going, the 5 star accommodation, the champaign treatment... I would rather encourage more to achieve that level of success then to strip it away from those that have worked hard to get it.

Lets hang em’ based on performance rather then there travel arrangements