Sign in to follow this  
m series

Nos

Hi Guys n gals,

I have a 97 323i M-sport coupe and was wondering peoples opinion on fitting a 150hp nos kit does anyone have any experience in this area? will the motor deal with it, good points bad points? etc...

thanks

I was at the last NZPC Dyno day and there was a guy in a 328 with nos. He ran 120hp at the wheels then hit the button and it went to 160hp at the wheels. I didn't it was too over the top and the install was very subtle.

I was at the last NZPC Dyno day and there was a guy in a 328 with nos. He ran 120hp at the wheels then hit the button and it went to 160hp at the wheels. I didn't it was too over the top and the install was very subtle.

120hp at the wheels from a 328??? f**k off, i'm doing 118.5rwhp from a 320!

I'd've (<-- can I do that) expected 160hp at the wheels before NOS and 200+ afterwards.

120hp? So theres a loss of 70hp from the flywheel?

To get that he woulda had to have like 260hp or so then right?

I'd've (<-- can I do that) expected 160hp at the wheels before NOS and 200+ afterwards.

yeah, i was like wtf? they make 190 stock, so 120 would be like absolute drivetrain ownage!

yeah, i was like wtf? they make 190 stock, so 120 would be like absolute drivetrain ownage!
Depends on what type of dyno.

Carl, here is no way in hell your car would make 118rwhp on the dyno we used for the BMWCC up here last time.

Cheers

Grant

Edited by Grant

I'd've (<-- can I do that)

that rules.

im using it from now on and credit'n you for it :D

Carl, here is no way in hell your car would make 118rwhp on the dyno we used for the BMWCC up here last time.

You know, that's probably true, but it's not because the dyno we used was innacurate.

At least I can say in all honesty that my b20 put out 118.5hp at the rear end :P

Please chuck Nos into it. I've love to fit it to the 540!

David's 325 was under 100kW at the rear wheels, and mine is about 160kW. So if you're getting that out of yours. Don't mess with it.

If you do put it in (which i think you should) please keep us all here at bimmersport updated.

So far no-one has answered any of your questions, and im sorry to say i have ZERO experience with NOS or your car.

Good luck with it if you choose to go through with it.

What are the specs on your car? Stock? or have you had a tinker under the bonnet. If anyone knows anything about doing it im sure that information would be helpful.

Oh sh*t guys I made a boo boo, I meant 120kw - 160kw - not horsepower.

Whoops :blush:

You imperial loser :lol:

hell it would be a good laugh - do it.

no pun intended?