Sign in to follow this  
Michael.

E36 M3 Red Springs - Identification?

So I have sourced a set of used red springs for a 1996+ E36 M3 EVO.

They have part numbers printed on them, front 75470 and rear 75471.... as to what manufacture they are I am not so sure... there are no markings.

The only other number is a date on the rear springs 01.03.07

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've done some searching on the internet but found nothing conclusive... on some forums they thought they could be Dinan, H&R, Eibach, UUC, unless they are some random Chinese imitation job...

Any ideas what make these are?

Cheers, Mike

Could be jamex also

Ive had jamex in the past which look identical to those.

Known brands stamp their springs. Even the road KW suspension kits which use eibach springs get stamped eibach.

Sorry can't help otherwise.

Yeah, I had wondered about them being Jamex, but they always seem to have the brand name on the spring.

I found some one in USA that was selling a set of "UUC" Branded springs and had this picture

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh90/jgriska/IMG_4958.jpg

Which has the right rear spring number, 75471 / 346.... but whats interesting is mine quote front and rear instead of 346.

I've also found another http://pix.nauticaltech.com/E36_Parts/CRW_2391.jpg these are supposed to be UUC springs too, the numbers are the same, but printed in a larger text and have some additional numbering. However the spring cut marks on the rear springs look identical to the ones I have... made in the same factory I guess?

So I have sourced a set of used red springs for a 1996+ E36 M3 EVO.

They have part numbers printed on them, front 75470 and rear 75471.... as to what manufacture they are I am not so sure... there are no markings.

The only other number is a date on the rear springs 01.03.07

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've done some searching on the internet but found nothing conclusive... on some forums they thought they could be Dinan, H&R, Eibach, UUC, unless they are some random Chinese imitation job...

Any ideas what make these are?

Cheers, Mike

Pretty sure they're B&G, as I have a pair in my M3 - http://www.b-gsuspension.com/