Sign in to follow this  
spanzyE30

17x7.5 +25 offset

hi, im new to this website! :) ive just bought some SSA 17x7.5 mags with +25 offset and wondering what thickness spacers i would need to make them fit my E30. we test fitted them and they hit the strut and on full lock hit the sway bar. look to mean to just get diff mags and got cheap enough to make them fit. need some good advice pleaseeee :confused:

post-16657-1342328320.jpg

the wont be a +25 offset and/or 7.5 wide if they are doing that, i gaurentee one of your measurements are wrong

the wont be a +25 offset and/or 7.5 wide if they are doing that, i gaurentee one of your measurements are wrong

Yeah, the boxes they came in say +25 (and they are the right boxes) but they guy who sold them says they are 45 so maybe thatl help?

Don't believe what the box says, I'd say 45 is right but to check look on the insides of the wheels and should have all the specs on them, size, width and offset

Don't believe what the box says, I'd say 45 is right but to check look on the insides of the wheels and should have all the specs on them, size, width and offset

awesome, thanks, so with that offset what sort of spacers will i need this is my E30 btw

post-16657-1342329806.jpg

I think I had 42 offset on my e30 and only just cleared struts. 20mm bolt ons are min thickness I would go but il let the e30 boys put their 2c in

Edit: nice tidy e30 btw, I'd almost stick with the current wheels for an oem lookB :D

Edited by euroriffic

awesome thanks for your help!

yeah, i think they are mean on the car but its time for a change, i also like the look at the mo, this is the back though...

post-16657-1342331326.jpg

Edited by E30_chik

looks like an AC Schnitzer kit which is nice!

ideal E30 offset is between +25 and +10 so that would mean you need a 20-30mm spacer which is very thick

I've got the same wheels with +25 offset on my E30, as above, yours will probably be +42

Posted Image

should've bought mine!

Oh yeh that looks awesome. Did you need spacers? Yeh na it has ET 40 stamped on the back

post-16657-1342336457.jpg

Edited by E30_chik

Et40 will fit E30 316i, 318i and some 320i models as they have thinner struts. I used to have et42 on my 320i and they were close to the strut but were fine. fyi for resale

So ive had a look at bolt on spacers on trade me and don't konw wether to go with 15mm spacers or 20mm spacers for the front. I don't want to buy them then put them on and find the rims still don't fit properly

if you insist using those wheels, get the 20mm ones.

they have to be hubcentric BMW ones or you wont pass WOF/cert

i say atleast 20, preferably 25. i had a et40 rim on my car, didnt hit anything , stayed like that for a few years, just got spacers in it, had 20s, were quite big enough to make it look how i wanted so ive added extra slip on spacers aswell. the front is an et15 now and is pritty good the rears are gonna be et12. and with the hub centric rings, i had an issue with them not being avalible to fit the e30 hub, so got some other ones that were slightly smaller (toyota ones or somethng) and just sanded the inside out a little bit