Sign in to follow this  
Brendan

nanoenergiser ceramic coating additive

At the speed show on the weekend- new bimmers and Gerry too.

Saw this stuff. I'm suspicious.

Anyone got any veiws on this product?

It is as good as they say? How often do you need to use it?

Thanks

Sounds like fancy marketing once again.

Dunno - maybe

I read up on the tech literature off the website which is extensive and gets into chemical design etc etc and looked some other stuff they had. If it didnt work consumer gurantees act would apply and money back I would have thought.

?

Hmmm.

Well for me I've always stood by in having a good clean non-abused engine, running the correct oils/filters changed regularly avoiding short trips and warming the engine up through a gentle drive.

Good oils already have the additives one would need to keep their engine running well, derived from the chemical engineers testing & research.

I believe adding in a foreign store bought additive mix would just alter their hard work, changing the performance of the oil - possibly doing more harm than good for the engine.

Edited by Michael.

Back in my "mullet and rx7" days I added some pro-ma additive to 12a rotary- the engine note and exhaust smell changed immediately and a few weeks later the centre shaft seals failed.........coincidence?

heard fron an engine builder pro-ma is an engine killer. mate put it in his mitsi, blew the big end around a month later. ive put it in my m52 e30. once i found out this info, it was drained and filled again with new stuff, heard it did wonders, till i asked people that actually knew what they were on about

heard fron an engine builder pro-ma is an engine killer. mate put it in his mitsi, blew the big end around a month later. ive put it in my m52 e30. once i found out this info, it was drained and filled again with new stuff, heard it did wonders, till i asked people that actually knew what they were on about

Thats not true, Brendon's EVO3 has been running with pro-ma for years (over 10) and is @ around 240,000ks .. still going strong running 16psi and is now a track day car.

Your mate did something else for that to happen and the engine builder is fibbing.

People put an additive in an engine that they well know is on its last legs or which requires extra attention, and then blame it for the engine meltdown. If the oil's viscosity is anywhere near still intact, it wasn't the oil that killed the engine!

Thats not true, Brendon's EVO3 has been running with pro-ma for years (over 10) and is @ around 240,000ks .. still going strong running 16psi and is now a track day car.

Your mate did something else for that to happen and the engine builder is fibbing.

Mitsubishi dealers use to sell it, now Mitsubishi make their own version which quietened down my M50.