Sign in to follow this  
MilesP

Need a good mechanic in Chrsitchurch

Hi all.

I am after a good mechanic in Christchurch to either give me with and hand or to replace for me the belt on my E36 that drives the power steering pump as I went to get a warranty today but it needs a new belt and there is a very small leak on the hose which will also need to be addressed.

PM me or post up here and let me know.

Kevin Burt on St Asaph Street (I think!)

Good independent BMW/Merc/Audi workshop. Not the cheapest guys in town, but still cheaper than the dealer.

In my experience, very knowledgeable and easy to deal with. Does anything that comes up on my E39 and I've never had a problem.

Kevin Burt on St Asaph Street (I think!)

Good independent BMW/Merc/Audi workshop. Not the cheapest guys in town, but still cheaper than the dealer.

In my experience, very knowledgeable and easy to deal with. Does anything that comes up on my E39 and I've never had a problem.

I gave him a call but he was quoting around $200.

I have heard as well that he is good but $200 seemed a little much for just a belt and a hose clip.

I gave him a call but he was quoting around $200.

I have heard as well that he is good but $200 seemed a little much for just a belt and a hose clip.

Give it a go yourself then. You will then find out his price quoted was quite reasonable. The belt is $65-$100 + Gst depending where you buy it. The AC belt must come of first to do it along with the Viscous fan coupling. The hose clips for the hose, power steering fluid & the mess to clean up... $200 is a very fair price

Give it a go yourself then. You will then find out his price quoted was quite reasonable. The belt is $65-$100 + Gst depending where you buy it. The AC belt must come of first to do it along with the Viscous fan coupling. The hose clips for the hose, power steering fluid & the mess to clean up... $200 is a very fair price

Have to agree with Glenn, $200 is more than fair....

Ah ok my mistake.

I haven't had to pay for labor in quite a while so its easy to forget its expensive.

He actually approached me when I was at galaxy records and gave me his card. He was a nice guy.