Sign in to follow this  
Shady

E30 Alternator & Starter Motor

Could someone tell me if there is a way to tell what motor they are from? They are from an E30 but Im not sure if from a 1.8/2/2.5 motor - and I also dont know if they are different or not?

Im selling them on TM but have listed them as unknown, but I'd like to know so I have a better chance to sell them.

So is there an easy way to tell?

TIA.

Could someone tell me if there is a way to tell what motor they are from? They are from an E30 but Im not sure if from a 1.8/2/2.5 motor - and I also dont know if they are different or not?

Im selling them on TM but have listed them as unknown, but I'd like to know so I have a better chance to sell them.

So is there an easy way to tell?

TIA.

why don't you post up an image and the part numbers

someone here might identify them for you

The laptop we are using (ours broke) doesnt recognise my camera & my phone takes photos too large to upload (and this laptop so outdated I cant edit the photos to make them smaller) - so really I am in a lose-lose situation.

I've checked the stickers and couldnt read them properly (faded) but will have another looksy and see if I can make out anything & post it up.

Cheers

you can resize pics in windows paint programme !!

long snout starter will be m10 or m30.

old alternators can be swapped around in most old models

Yep have tried that. I resize them and it says cannot save photo. Its an old laptop, it my inlaws. It doesnt even have adobe or flashplayer (have tried downloading them heaps but never works). Am very limited on what we can do.

But thanks for the info.

Edited by Shady

Sticker on starter motor says:- 0 001108065 12V (975) BMW 12.41.1714 750

Alternator sticker is unreadable but has a black plastic cap covering something that says:- 1 197 311 021 EL 14V 4C Made in Spain 672

Does any of that indentify what they are from?

TIA

Edited by Shady

starter is most likly m20

that number off the alt is just for the regulator

Yep have tried that. I resize them and it says cannot save photo. Its an old laptop, it my inlaws. It doesnt even have adobe or flashplayer (have tried downloading them heaps but never works). Am very limited on what we can do.

But thanks for the info.

Cant you just upload to whatever then link?