Sign in to follow this  
danutt

how much would i gain??

if i put a pod filter with heat shield in my 318i how much hp gain and also would it be noticably betta on fuel ??also gettin a turbo muffler which is quiet but after 4500rpm it has very good extraction properties and are sed to bump hp up by 12 and torque by 5 so yea ne info please write up and also anyways you could make a 1.8 a little lighter on fuel :mosh: thanx

Seriously nothing much happens with bimmers and intakes/exhausts. Its already pretty decent, so its more placebo. Maybe 2-3hp if i had to pulla number from the sky. Youd need to do intake/exhaust/chip to get anything, and even then nothing major. aatuning.com has numbers.

Not worth it.

Edited by Dnz

Almost nothing. Have done both and to be honest isn't really worth the time/money. Mine actually used more gas, dunno why, just did.

Just go for the K&N panel filter and save yourself the burn

As a rule of thumb. For every 10 degrees Celcius (or Kelvin) that the air charge is reduced there will be an increase in power of 1%.

So given that you have bugger all to start with, you will get a little more.

I'd put a K&N flat filter.

get rid of the air filter altogether, they are a waste of time, just run a big tube straight into the manifold

all those mods with no engine mods .. a horsepower. If that.

That one horsey, could be a big Mustang.

Seriously nothing much happens with bimmers and intakes/exhausts.

bullshit, i noticed a huge difference in performance when i did my exhaust, stock bmw exhausts suck, esp manifolds, mine looks like a tractor manifold

Yours is a completely different engine though. Sure, the stock 318 exhaust is pretty crappy, its even been crushed so it will pass under the subframe. I have done the stuff he wants to do and I don't think it will be worth spending the money. If you do anything I'd do the exhaust first, even if just for the sound.

thanx for the replys but im gettin this stuff done for almost free and the bimmer already has a 2.5 from the backbox to tha rear muffler,the rear muffler is very restrictive and quiet just lookin for a growl and some better flow :drunk:

i put the pod on and it has helped a bit in the sense that before the pod the revs between 4500 to the redline would take a while after the pod its way better the pod i got has no heat shield but il be getting one soon if its really worth it???

Bring it to the dyno next week-end.

Well done anyway. Glad to hear you like it.

Lighten the flywheel next. Then you will get a quicker acceleration.

Edited by cainchapman

how much would it cost to lighten the fly wheel?how big is the difference?

I seriously wouldnt put much money into performance mods on a 318.

Like really, if anything, save your money for engine swaps, things which have a major effect. Otherwise you will fritter away your funds on marginal improvements, and still get overtaken by a stock jappa with boltons...

Youre going to spend a lot of money on a 1.8l engine, and then be dissapointed when youve spent $$$ and your return is minimal at best.

bullshit, i noticed a huge difference in performance when i did my exhaust, stock bmw exhausts suck, esp manifolds, mine looks like a tractor manifold

ass dyno doesnt count.

ass dyno doesnt count.

Dumbarse has to remember that modifying is a % thing, playing with a 3.5 compared to a 1.8 is always going to yield better hp per $

Lightening your flywheel may make it rev happy but damn easy to stall. Add the effort required to take the g/box off and back on again I wouldn't bother.

thanx for the help il get a heat shield today and get that rear turbo muffler put on this week for a nicer sound and then just freshen up the fluids etc and leave it at that now for the exterior :rambo: