Sign in to follow this  
byza213

cleaning old carpet

Depends on wrecked it is.

After a very good vacuum I use clothes washing powder in a bucket and a sponge and then leave the car parked in the sun with all doors open to dry it out.

I'm putting in new (second hand) carpet in my e30. I used a can of foam shampoo that come with a brush.

I used liberally, scrubbed the foam in, left in the sun to dry then vacuumed.

I was surprised with the result as it came up better then expected and looks almost new.

thanks !

will try the home product way first

heard its a mission to remove the carpet in e21 so will just remove front seats and do it that way

this weather is friggen annoying as usual in the weekends!

Haven't tried it myself but heard the rug doctor works? Not sure if it comes with attachments so you could do it in car however.

Rug doctor does work, it takes a long time- did it on my Audi a few months ago. Doctor is not so good on loop pile that I'm sure an E21 has. On my E30 when I had the interior out I just removed the carpet and scrubbed/ water blasted it. It's pretty thin crappy stuff so doesn't hold much dirt.

I've got a car grooming shop, if you can take the carpet out and then waterblast it - it will bring most carpets up like new. Just takes a few days to dry.

So wait for summer and then hand to dry on a clothes line??

I've got a car grooming shop, if you can take the carpet out and then waterblast it - it will bring most carpets up like new. Just takes a few days to dry.

+1

leave it in a room with a dehumidifier for a while.

water blast, shampoo with something (gentle scrubbing) then waterblast again. You'll be amazed at the colour of the water that comes off!

thanks for the info guys

only thing with these is that id have to take out the dash and heater core box to remove it

sounds like a little mission! lol!

From someone that has removed more E30 carpets than they should have, the best measure is to take the carpet out completely, as being an old BMW, it will more than likely be wet underneath. Then spray some degreaser on it, and water blast it for about 30 minutes in a methodical manner. After that, let it dry for 4-5 days, and put it back in. It makes all the difference

From someone that has removed more E30 carpets than they should have, the best measure is to take the Carpet cleaning brisbane out completely, as being an old BMW, it will more than likely be wet underneath. Then spray some degreaser on it, and water blast it for about 30 minutes in a methodical manner. After that, let it dry for 4-5 days, and put Carpet Cleaning Sunshine Coast it back in. It makes all the difference

hello guys just got this thread of carpet cleaning. I do have carpets in my BMW but they are very expensive. I am afraid of blasting water and using detergent as they can easily destroy carpet fabrics. DO you know some effective natural carpet cleaning products which are safe and reliable? Edited by randygarciargg

water is about as natural as it gets....

Wurth does an upholstery cleaning tool (that won't be cheap though) that uses tiny amounts of water to clean upholstery - works amazingly, and leaves the seats pretty dry afterwards - you need compressed air to run it though.