Sign in to follow this  
scottharvey

Wheel Spacer Bolts

Can anyone that has got 20mm spacers on there e30 tell me how they bolted them on as on the standard wheel bolts the head is way too big so it does not sit flush. What can i do or use instead?

I ground the heads down, the wheel bolts have a dimple in the center, took it so the dimple was nearly gone.

Only thing is, you have to be careful tightning/loosening them.

sorry my spacers were 25mm not 20mm, i dont think there will be enough 17mm head left taking off another 5mm without serious risk of rounding.

sorry my spacers were 25mm not 20mm, i dont think there will be enough 17mm head left taking off another 5mm without serious risk of rounding.

Yeah thats what i was thinking so i dont know what to get in its place really

Might have to do a stud conversion so can run the smaller nuts

I used to run 20mm spacer, still have the studs and low profile nuts somewhere.

Give me a PM if interested and I'll hunt them out for you this weekend.

Just grind them down so they sit flush with the spacer. Plenty of room.

i used a hack saw then cleaned up the ends with a grinder, got them flush and had as much of the head on it as possible. it worked fine but went to take them back off after about 7 months and the bolts arnt moving. i did have another set of bolts with a spline thread that i had to use for one and that was the easiest of the lot to remove. all i can say is be carefull,the bolts will be a pain and paint the spacers black as im guessing you wont be certing it straight away.

i used a hack saw then cleaned up the ends with a grinder, got them flush and had as much of the head on it as possible. it worked fine but went to take them back off after about 7 months and the bolts arnt moving. i did have another set of bolts with a spline thread that i had to use for one and that was the easiest of the lot to remove. all i can say is be carefull,the bolts will be a pain and paint the spacers black as im guessing you wont be certing it straight away.

They are already black which is a added bonus so everyone reckons grind them down may as well give it a go

Could also go see a decent fastener shop and buy some new bolts that do the job.... I'd get at least grade 10.