Sign in to follow this  
Mr2low

My first BMW's

Hi all I recently inherited 2 BMW's from my step father who recently passed away, knowing my passion for BMW's ever since I did work experience for our local dealership in the uk some 13 years ago he passed his two on to me.

First is a 99 523 touring in metallic green (love this colour)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Second is a 99 540i in metallic grey

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sadly both are Dereg'd however seem to be in very good condition unfortunately I can realistically only keep one so ill be getting one legal and then selling and using some of the money to get the other legal, problem is which do i keep the 540i or the classey wagon ??

I've had the wagon running shocked me when it started first time considering rego ran out in 2010 (methinks someone was using it), but the 540's battery is dead flat

Jamie.

Edited by Mr2low

My gosh those are some neglected 5ers!

I'd get the wagon fixed up personally, swap the 540i V8 into it

Not a very nice way of getting into BMWs mate.

If it were me i'd get them both back on the road, i know it could be a long and maybe costly exercise but both cars "alive" will increase their value hugely.

Then decide which one you like the most. Neither are "common" so would be worth the hassle.

My 0.2c .

My gosh those are some neglected 5ers!

I'd get the wagon fixed up personally, swap the 540i V8 into it

my thoughts exactly, i wonder how much work to do on a E39. the E34 would be a pain to do that swap, not just a case of swapping engines over.

A 540i engined wagon would be awesome!

Edited by andy_e39

To be honest I want to keep the wagon which I did get to take for a little drive down the rather large driveway and it felt fine. I love the look of it in that colour with the interior with a Motorsport front some nice wheels and detailed to the max would look stunning however that engine... In the sedan would put a smile on my face.

They both will be made legal and from my hunting I've found all the service history for both since he owned them. The wagon was noted in its last wof an exhaust mount was cracking, but recquired no work for any wof in the 6 years he owned it found jeff gray service receipts for general servicing.

Sedan found the aa prepurchase report which it was given a grade 3 ( may recquire un planned servicing ) then found again jeff gray receipts showing replacement of belts and being unable to clear a fault code. As I haven't been able to start it don't know if its been cleared or what it could be for. But clean Wofs. It's done min of 120k

And the biggest pain in the arse regarding the cars is there over an hours travel away and I work 6 days a week :rolleyes:

Edited by Mr2low

So finally have been given the ok to take the cars,almost 4 months in the waiting traveling down tomorrow with a tow truck and just spent 238.59 on cleaning products haha tomorrow is gonna be so fun and just in time for my 30th next week will create a new post for the rebirth of the cars

So finally have been given the ok to take the cars,almost 4 months in the waiting traveling down tomorrow with a tow truck and just spent 238.59 on cleaning products haha tomorrow is gonna be so fun and just in time for my 30th next week will create a new post for the rebirth of the cars

Good stuff! Looking forward to pics when you've tidied them up a bit.