Sign in to follow this  
typ53

New Member in AKl

Hi,

I just thought I'd introduce myself, my name is Craig, 41 from AKL. I'm a long time VASK member now coming over to the dark side.... Our family has expanded so it was time for the fleet to do the same s we've just bought a 2011 330d E91 ex UK. It's a 22,000 kms Msport in Space Grey and it's been a fun baby wagon thus far.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated, especially if anyone has swapped the instrument cluster or updated the Nav display.

I'm more experienced with older VWs, Audis and Porsches so be gentle with me for a start!

Welcome Craig!! Pics of Corrado? One of around ten in NZ I believe?

Guest Simon*

G'day Craig

Don't worry a few of us float in the VASK camp too. Wagon sounds nice - if you wait I'm sure someone will be able to answer your nav questions.

Pics of the fleet would be cool, definitely another vote for the Corrado and the 964 here!

Cheers :)

Welcome Craig. Hope you enjoy your time here and find the forums useful :) Also we need pics of your car!

What do you mean by updating the Nav display? Isn't it an LCI? it should already have the CIC nav. As for the cluster, its doable, but the only viable swap is the M3 cluster, or if your feeling brave, take it apart and change the backlight colour.

What do you mean by updating the Nav display? Isn't it an LCI? it should already have the CIC nav. As for the cluster, its doable, but the only viable swap is the M3 cluster, or if your feeling brave, take it apart and change the backlight colour.

Updating the Nav display - I should have said 'loading the NZ maps instead of the UK ones'. I checked with the main dealers here, *cough* *cough* $1486+GST....

Hence looking for an alternative. :ph34r:

Pics...I've owned the Corrado since the mid '90s and embarrassed to say, I don't have any good pics ready to hand so I've borrowed someone else's shot of my car from a VASK post. I'm not sure how many are here now, the odd one has been imported and/or written off. Somewhere around 15-20 at last count. This one is a 1.8l 16v, NZ new, I'm the second owner.

post-17393-1351149011.jpg

964 C4:

post-17393-1351148989.jpg

Again, I don't have a good shot of the E91 as yet so apologies for the crappy pic.

post-17393-1351148978.jpg

Edited by E91T

That is one mint, spotless Corrado! Was looking for one a while back but had no luck. Guess I should frequent VASK more often.

Thanks, turns out theres a chap in Poland who was onto it. All up $80 USD including the map and codes. All done via a USB stick and once I had the files it was a 10-15 min process.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-...n-524951489.htm

I think I just saved you about a grand? I believe thats hat your looking for.

Edited by E91T

Welcome wow, nice to see someone with a Corrado, a rather interesting car!

More so the Porsche, love the 964 shape!

Welcome wow, nice to see someone with a Corrado, a rather interesting car!

More so the Porsche, love the 964 shape!

Cheers, The Corrado is a bit like an old labrador - it's been in the family for so long I can't imagine parting with it even though it's a bit slow by today's standards.

Reallly like the 330d - nice!

If you want more punch in it to keep up with your Porsche up to 100kph then I'd suggest this :

Visit My Website

This will give you 80nm and 50hp more there abouts, but it will transform the whole car in terms of well, everything really. Done it twice on 2x X5 diesels and about to have it done to my little 320d work car.

Cheers.