Sign in to follow this  
glax

97 323i stalling problem help

Hi

I recently brought a 97 323i. It was sweet for the first couple of weeks only recently it has stalled a couple of times when idling in town on my way home. The engine sounds fine with no noticable changes. It just cuts outs, but I am able to start it straight away no issues.

After looking round the info on the web it maybe the MAF sensor being dirty? But im unsure, would anyone have any other ideas for what it could be? Or how to remedy the issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also note it is an automatic.

I'd check the idle control valve. Proberbly gunked up or a loose hose, mine came off one day and would stall everytime I stopped, must of looked like a retard haha

I'd check the idle control valve. Proberbly gunked up or a loose hose, mine came off one day and would stall everytime I stopped, must of looked like a retard haha

Thanks! I will look into it. Are the pretty easy to clean?

I suggest you get it scanned by someone with a brain to determine exactly what is wrong before attempting this and that in an attempt to solve the problem.

I have same model and the a similar fault, mine was doing the same thing, stalling at idle at the lights. Now its started running rough when this happens, like its running on 4 or 5 cylinders, a very intermittant fault though, as i can turn it off and restart and its fine again...took out sparkplugs and gave a cleanup with emery paper, still faulting, when at temp and on a longish drive, might just bite the bullet and get it checked on a computer