Sign in to follow this  
Venatus

E30m50 radiator

Hey guys looking for a radiator for the e30m50, preferably a facelift e30 setup with seperate expansion tank, I was using an e36 one but they're evil to bleed it seems n mine has clogged...

im using a e30 m40 one, have never seen the temp rise above the centre and im not to mechanically kind either. if it was gonna get hot, it would have. and it all slots in to the factory mounts easily and has the hole in the side for the ac fan to be tuned on and off according to water temp

Hmmmm do they have the seperate tank etc or is it similar? My old one is e36 1.8 so m4x style I think?

Mine has always hovered at just under 3/4, maybe I'm using wrong temp sensor or the engines always been poked haha

+1 E30 M40 one is fine for an M5x setup, the only real issue with them is the joins between the plastic and aluminum is a crap design so eventually fails

They cost like, $300 brand new.... An E34 M50 one might fit? with some work of course.

I used an E36 325 one. brand new ally one was like 300 dollars landed.

Mine is a standard 328i one, I drive it very hard and no problems with heating, even in traffic.

No problems with bleeding either.

Posted Image

Edited by will

that looks extreamly similar to the e30m40 one i was on about, i wonder if there actually is any differances

They cost like, $300 brand new.... An E34 M50 one might fit? with some work of course.

iirc i tried that and it didn't fit but this is a few years ago so may be wrong

that looks extreamly similar to the e30m40 one i was on about, i wonder if there actually is any differances

yes, they are about 20mm wider than the M40 one

Thanks for the input guys, sorted another 325i e36 one, engine still in peices having had to swap my sump and everything so yet to test it all.

e34 M50 one is about 10-15cm too wide for the e30 chassis from memory, tried that one already haha.

Cheers