Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

1994 E36 Coupe

Hey everyone,

Picked this up a while ago and took some pictures but didn't get round to posting them on here, until now.

1994 E36 325i Coupe

NZ New

Manual

M50 w vanos

Leather

Bilsteins w Eibach's all round

16 x 8 Style 42 vII's w RE001's

Replica Motorsport front bumper and lip

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Brought it from Turners for a steal to find something a little more refined and practical than a obnoxious and bumpy E30. All it needed was a rear wheel bearing replaced and it flew through a WOF. Planning on using it everyday and joining in on a few Intermarque/Play Day track days next year.

Have a bunch of things planned to sort on it and have brought just haven't had time to fit including valve cover seals, rear window seals, door handle seals, microfilter, fix the AC and put in a Z3 shifter. When I have the valve cover off I am going to look at the vanos, when it comes on power it pulls well, but it is occasionally hesitant, does this sound like a sticky solenoid? And am I best to do the seals at the same time?

The only thing I have replaced is the stuffed factory tape player and put in a subtle Nakamichi head unit that is a good match to the factory BMW orange back lights.

Future plans include getting the front bumper and rear wing resprayed, urethane control arm bushes and trailing arm bushes, some heavy duty rear shock mounts, hopefully sort a proper europlate, some track day appropriate brake pads, extra set of wheels and semi slicks for track days, debaffle the airbox and add a K+N panel filter and add some sort of headers (NZ new means no cats already = WIN) for a tiny bit more noise.

Cheers all.

Edited by Brams

Looking good there Nathan, sounds like you're on the right track with your plans... Just not the same as an e30 tho!

Awesome Nathan. A classic example of an E36 coupe!

Door card material is looking good for the age, any stretching/separation going on?

Probably wouldn't hurt to put new Vanos seals in if you feel it could be an issue.

Also re the rear trailing arm bushes, I recommend to get a spacer limiting kit from Vorshlag or similar - they stiffen the rear end right up, ideal if you want to take it around the track.

Edited by Michael.

^Cheers.

The door cards are all pretty good, the drivers one is separating at the top a touch which will need to be repaired, headliner is mint, the car hasn't been used much in the last few years according to Carjam.

Sweet, I will look into those limiters. I am getting a bit of a erratic idle and it does lack a bit down low, definitely going to sort those vanos seals out at the least, it doesn't rattle or anything so I am hoping just the seals should be enough.

And Blair, I still have the M325i to entertain my E30 love...

Edited by Brams

put in a subtle Nakamichi head unit that is a good match to the factory BMW orange back lights.

Nice, what model did you go for?