Sign in to follow this  
Filth

E39 530i Gear Issues

Hey guys,

I'm sure you would have seen my previous post regarding the fuel issue... have finally burned through that yucky half tank of 91 and 95 - she now has a full tank of 95 ready to go through.

There is another issue that has come up since that retard put 91 in my car... my car sometimes doesn't know when to change gears when you feel as though it should. It's a 530i 2001 Motorsport and when I throw it in M sport it's very smooth but normal ( that's what I'll call it ) cruising at 100ks the exhaust starts rattling like mad and makes a sound as if you've crossed the centre line. In "normal" mode when you put your foot down, it doesn't change gear until full redline - never used to do that.

Along with all of this the engine light has been on - told me to check the oil and I've topped it up... engine light is still on - I am wondering if this is all because of the fuel issue?

Was there any errors when the prepurchase inspection was carried out ??... because 91 grade fuel is not going to cause these issues you are having

Edited by *Glenn*

Are all the tyres the same size, properly inflated and with similar wear? different wheel speeds upset E39's easily.

Was there any errors when the prepurchase inspection was carried out ??... because 91 grade fuel is not going to cause these issues you are having

Unfortunately a prepurchase inspection was not carried out due to the car being a $1 reserve auction ( owners said it was to let the market decide it's value ) was always serviced in house by their towing company. The car was the bosses of the company so they did look after it.

It's due for a service soon so I'll get them to do that whilst sorting everything else