Sign in to follow this  
w_elliot

WTB urgently, e30 front strut brace

as the title says, i'm in urgent need of a front strut brace for the e30 as it cant go through recompliance without one.

dont mind what it is as long as it fits

I can be reached on 021776223

cheers

What sort of compliance requires a strut brace? Random!

Have you tried forum sponsor Ultra Racing??

Hell yeah thats od, why would they need it for compliance if it never came with one?

Are you sure it's not a sway bar or something?

If you change the car .. even the wheels sizes the car was certed with (Low Volume) you need to get it re certed.

Taking a certed car through Recompliance they pick on everything. Or as Ray once told me, its like a hardcore warrent.

If you change the car .. even the wheels sizes the car was certed with (Low Volume) you need to get it re certed.

Taking a certed car through Recompliance they pick on everything. Or as Ray once told me, its like a hardcore warrent.

What josh said, hardcore wof. wheels come off, brake rotors and pads need to be new or near new, all the running gear needs to be perfect. and if any signs of old repairs are visible then your in my situation where you need to put the vehicle through a repair cert. basically when putting an Lvv certified vehicle through compliance, everything HAS to be true to the cert plate, my cert plate states that the car is fitted with a strut brace. So to gain compliance I need one. Although annoying it does make sense, old car with big engine shoehorned into it, beefing the front end up a tad definitely isn't a silly idea

Ah makes sense then.

I feel your pain though mate, I am re-complying a race converted car that has had the arse torn out of it, I have literally removed 10 airbags, all other safety equipment, ABS, Emision equipment and much more.

Good luck.

Maybe someone could lend him one for a week or so?

The biggest problem you are going to have Will, is the rear parcel shelf panel. Many a nice E30 has been deemed devalued or value less due to the butchering of this panel. It is load bearing and structural to the body design. It is not meant to be drilled, cut or welded in any area other than the welding points at manufacture. It depends on the engineer whether you get away with a reasonable cheap repair or he wants it done to factory specs. When doing a pre-purchase inspection, if I see 6 X 9's the first thing I do is check there. If the panels cut or drilled I normally stop and call the prospective buyer. A few on here can attest to this... some are happy...some are not. I only fix em .. I don't phuk em. I've told so many on here before... check before you dig or drill or cut.