Sign in to follow this  
328FTW

Intake colour

I've been busy painting up and otherwise prepping my new motor for the E30. I've sandblasted, polished and painted everything. Even the exhaust manifold has been sandblasted then done in stovetop paint to make it look nicer.

So that said this is my intake/motor

Posted Image

It seemed good in my head but it's just seems a little too much colour. I was thinking either silver or crinkle black for the centre of the plenum and then just highlight the BMW logo with some blue/silver/black by hand. My valvecover has the BMW stripes so I kinda extended the idea.

What do other people think? I'd rather not repaint the runners cause that was a real pain in the ass and I like that bit, just the centre is a bit much IMO.

I like the rocker cover, I think the intake manifold looks f*cking stupid.

I like the rocker cover, I think the intake manifold looks f*cking stupid.

It looked better in my head which is why I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. I didn't really like when I painted it silver either which was my first choice.

Crinkle black with silver emblem will look good. Just like the rocker cover

Crinkle black with silver emblem will look good. Just like the rocker cover

Yeah that's what I was kinda thinking but I don't want too much black either cause the block is already done in a nice black enamel I've used before that looks good.

I'll have to have a play. Just sometimes some people are more aesthetically inspired than I am.

Yeah a little to exuberant, just a decent black or Silver would do the trick for such a part.

Could look ok if the centre part of the IM is black or silver? Bit OTT in my opinion, but different for sure

Snake skin all the way. Snake skin is the new silver.