Sign in to follow this  
cal

black bmw bomb

This is my 5 series I have been working very hard on. The ultimate goal is to have a BMW that looks like a BMW not some over worked thing.

It has been dropped but the pics don't do it to much justice.

After market lights throughout as you can see by the indicators.

Has Been fully de-badged.

Has just had a reco engine with full brand new cooling system and gearbox put in.

New after market SSA 17 inch alloys.

Has got heated leather seats with arm rest for both driver and passenger.

Nokia car kit hooked upto stereo.

2 X Fusion capacitors under back seat.

2 X Fusion 1000watt amp it boot powering...

2 X Fusion 12 inch subs.

2 X Power akoustic componets up front.

2 X Phillips 8 inch 2 ways on back parcel tray.

And another amp that was installed before i got the car, it that is behind the subs where i cannot get to, powering 2 X 6 inch pioneer mids and 2 more tweeters all on back parcel tray. Got 2 inches of insulation around most of the car to keep the music in or at least try too.

All that, attached to a Panasonic AV system with 12 internal aerials for clear TV while driving, with 8 disc stacker in boot. Runs real sweet with Xbox and XBMC for all the music vids. For legal reason have not posted pic of where TV is installed as have enough trouble getting WOF don't need pic floating around of it.

Topped of with a Mongoose GPS alarm sytem so no little sh*t tries to take anything.

Upcoming Jobs

Manual Gear Box

Even darker tints ( Yea right )

GPS and radar hooked upto AV system.

Larger screen maybe 17inch fold down from the roof for backseat passengers.

Redo all the upholstery in the car to a nice new soft plush leather.

Not much else as its a real nice crusing car that has got heaps of go. Will never go back to my S14.

PS. yes i know it needs a clean was in a hurry to take pictures

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by cal

Nice car! :thumb:

If that needs a clean, don't look at mine.

Good to see another real sized BMW on the site.

Great Looking car!! Did you do the sounds your self? With out sounding like a 'sound freak' but how lould in db scale would we be looking at here? looks as if it would go well!!

Damm that it verry nice, wow its so clean and straight just perfect! nice grill.. did mine the same not so long ago black.

Looks real good, what engines in there?

Nice boot install, looks similar to what I have done.

very cool.... makes me miss my old e34 but it was no way as tidy as this one... i know what you mean about sacking it though coz for some reason mag&turbo reckoned that I couldn't get superlows for it and after I put on 18s with lows.... it just looked the same

nice....black out the chrome trim around the windows for extra pimp

engine? 2.0?2.5?3.0?3.5?4.0?1.8?

Pretty tight.

IMO i don't like the wheels, get some deeper dish action happening.

I like those wheels, make it look way more modern. Keep the crome window trim

aswell.

There no way you'd pick that car is over ten years old.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the feedback and heres some answers to the questions...

Db level of the sounds not quite sure yet, neighbour runs sound control so we were going to use his gear to test, but everyone in the neighbourhood complains about the noise, so will go to a park out in the country and test, will post the details afterwards. The install has been done by myself and several others. I choose certain people for certain parts as i am quite particular(anal) about how sounds are installed in my cars. I never like them to be in your face.

As for the engine its got a 525 engine so 2.5 from a smashed 94 looking at doing a bit of work on it not sure yet, as it quick enough for me at the mo, sounds keep me crusing for now.

And the wheels well thought about some nice deep dished ones and bigger too, but my goal is to keep it looking as much like a factory BMW as poss. Was told the whels on it came out on a later model, not so sure but will do for now. May look at some new mags when Ineed new tyres again.

P.S. Don't diss the BK sticker, gets me free upsize.

liking the boot install, are the subs in seperate boxes behind that wood and carpet??? Similar to wat im doing in the E30 cept i gota 15 in the spare wheel well..... i mean who needs a spare wheel lol Id rather more speakers

:P