Sign in to follow this  
abishaifranklin@Hotmail.co

New E36 Owner

The mesh is cheap go to a dealer, don't do the M50 manifold it is a myth , the conversion robs the car of midrange torque so you end up revving it more to compensate and the Hp gain is only at the very top.

You can do other mods that will give torque and HP increase

Hopefully it' a manual

Unfortunately his car is an automatic! the only thing wrong in an otherwise well rounded car. Out of interest Ron, what mods did you do/know off that you are referring to? Mines a manual and I'm interested to hear :)

Edit: Just for those interested, Abi's car is the silver 328i in here

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....=42762&st=0

Edited by L0WBMW

I've heard only positive storys about the M50 manifold swap, work mate did it on his 328 and it had a hell of a lot more life.

Welcome by the way.

I've heard only positive storys about the M50 manifold swap, work mate did it on his 328 and it had a hell of a lot more life.

Welcome by the way.

Yup it's great, as long as it's manual.

For a tune Gavin at Hi Velocity.

Ps, hello.

Welcome, hope you enjoy the 328 as much as I have with mine.

Do a search on your model re "mods" - there is a lot of real practical info there which will save heaps on any knee jerk expenditure, pick off where you need the changes, I did 4 track days, changed something in between each, including suspansion bushes F & R. If you want a quick 328 (depending on model) seriously knocking on the tailgate of M3 time figures look at rear axle ratios, after you tie the front down.

Regards

Paul E36

Just finished a Honda era and thought I'd get a e36 328i since I've heard so much about it.

Also got an m50 manifold thinking about putting that on in the near future..

If anyone has the motorsport front lip and mesh please let me know as I'm

looking for both! :)

Welcome, hope you enjoy the 328 as much as I have with mine.

Do a search on your model re "mods" - there is a lot of real practical info there which will save heaps on any knee jerk expenditure, pick off where you need the changes, I did 4 track days, changed something in between each, including suspansion bushes F & R. If you want a quick 328 (depending on model) seriously knocking on the tailgate of M3 time figures look at rear axle ratios, after you tie the front down.

Regards

Paul E36

Yea will check out mods thanks Paul, still got a while before I get it anywhere near an m3! See what other mods are available..

Welcome :)

You can try European Autospares (09) 262 3752 for mesh and front lip - think the mesh is around $50 can't remember what the lip cost now.

Tuning you could try New Zealand Performance Tuning, they do ECU reflashing etc and can give great advice on air intake systems, they also do exhausts etc