Sign in to follow this  
sanderm3

m3 tyres

Hello

I am going to need new tyres in the near future for my e46 m3 with the 19" wheels, and im not sure what to get so what are your recomendations?. The car currently has Pirelli pzero rosso 235/35zr19 on the front and 255/35zr19 on the back wich were on it when i bought the car!

Thanks!!

Depends what you are after in a tyre. I went to re11's on 18 inch rims in the csl widths. (235 front 265 rear)

Brought the re11 for the odd track day which they are execellent for. Heat up fast, corner grip and stable braking is excellent. Hard to spin with DSC off etc. Noise wise, seem to produce an even white noise sound. Roughly 550 b per corner via tirerack.com or cheaper if Bridgestone NZ stocks your size

otherwise this link maybe of use.

what are your rim dimensions ?

Do you just want them for daily driving?

Will you be using them on the track?

Thanks guys

its just my weekend car and i dont do track days. When i was bit younger with less money i would always put cheap tyres on and to be honest they were pretty crap. My thought is bmw have put effort in to makeing this car handle good why ruin it with cheap tyres. But in saying that i dont need a top of the range race tyre

Edited by sanderm3

what are your rim dimensions ?

Do you just want them for daily driving?

Will you be using them on the track?

Front i believe is 8.5" and back is 9.5" with a 19" rim

just as a weekend car and not realy pushed to its limit much at al.

no i dont use it on the track

thanks for your help!

I'm told the Michelin Pilot Sport 2's work well on the E46 and that is what they run OEM, might be worth seeing whats available, last time I called the local importer had a slack size range and wanted way to much money for them, like double the price of tyres it rates no better than in independent tests.

Tirerack is worth a look at, I brought a set of tyres a couple of months back and service, price and delivery was very impressive, I saved around $800 and had the tyres faster than what the NZ agent could deliver. Be sure to reiterate that New Zealand is not part of Australia as Michelin Australia has put the kibosh on them selling to Australians, seems they were taking a big hit with smart people buying them at half the price from the US.

From shopping around locally it seems Bridgestone offer the best performance bang for your buck in NZ, they still didn't have any tyres in my size though.

Good luck, its a confusing task buying tyres!

Tirerack is worth a look at, I brought a set of tyres a couple of months back and service, price and delivery was very impressive, I saved around $800 and had the tyres faster than what the NZ agent could deliver.

+1 on Tirerack. They deliver internationally, so it's an easy task - and the exchange rate is being helpful at the moment. Remember to factor in GST and customs fees to your price though.

I've got Michelin PS2s (from Tirerack) on mine, and they're very good. But unless you're a real OEM stickler (or track day hero), any high-end road tyre from a good manufacturer should be suitable. Just don't go back to second-hand Jap import Nankangjin Road Warrior Super Plus Expert A345Rs like we did when we couldn't afford anything better! But damn didn't those things smoke?!