Sign in to follow this  
antil33t

M52 E30 Unfinished Project

Yeah, for starters 130hp up to over 200hp is deemed a significant increase in power anyway!

I can only assume he never read any of the LVVTA documentation.

Would the driveshaft likely be the correct length for an E36? If so, seems to be a good deal for a complete repower / manual conversion for a deserving candidate. Would have to wonder if it was taken to a dodgy local workshop for a warrant if he just bullshi**ed the inspector & convinced him it was the factory motor.

Stranger things have been known to happen :wacko:

Depends if he used the E36 Gearbox, if I remember my reasearch (as I am doing the same swap) you need an E36 Driveshaft to go with that gearbox.

I'm using a Getrag260, and the E30 standard G260 drive shaft.

But he could be using a Getrag240 and that's driveshaft... if that was a factory manual E30..

We'll never know.

Ive Emailed the seller and asked a whole bunch of questions and....." I have put a E36 2.8 engine out of a 96 328i with a new clutch kit in it it does need brake booster installed exhaust manifold installed (but it's there just never installed it) the loom to be put through the fire wall (but that's all connected just never finished putting it through the fire wall) the exhaust joined Um I have noticed a few lil surface spots now but nothing major"

He sounds like he 'kinda' knows what hes doing....

Hmm.

You may be able to low ball him and get some good bits for a repower, provided it has most of the necessary work done

Would have to wonder if it was taken to a dodgy local workshop for a warrant if he just bullshi**ed the inspector & convinced him it was the factory motor.

Stranger things have been known to happen :wacko:

I know of multiple m50 / m52 swapped e30's that have been passing warrants for the last few years with no cert, no questions asked - not sure if they notice or not. One is a 318 with m52b28 lol....