Sign in to follow this  
KBM

Help! e34 info needed

Hi Everyone,

I need a bit of help, I want to enter my car in a classic event and it requires the car/body to be first build date

pre 1-1-87, I need any info to support that, a chassis number, parts listing any sort of bmw history book that says they were built before then, for example I know most BMW's that have a model year 1990 can have a build date 9/89 because of shutdown oversea's but can't find anything to support it, any help would be appreciated, Kayne.

Hi Everyone,

I need a bit of help, I want to enter my car in a classic event and it requires the car/body to be first build date

pre 1-1-87, I need any info to support that, a chassis number, parts listing any sort of bmw history book that says they were built before then, for example I know most BMW's that have a model year 1990 can have a build date 9/89 because of shutdown oversea's but can't find anything to support it, any help would be appreciated, Kayne.

Simple isn't it? Your vin number has that info and it should also say on your cert plate.

^^^ Think he is meaning date of first production of the E34.

Wiki has E34 starting production in Feb 88 & going to 95 which would make sense as E28's went well into 87 & E39's came in 95

^^^ Think he is meaning date of first production of the E34.

Wiki has E34 starting production in Feb 88 & going to 95 which would make sense as E28's went well into 87 & E39's came in 95

Thanks Grant,

yes that is what I meant, I've found 520i (M20), 530i (M30) and 535i (M30) as early as 3/87 but that's the earliest so far, Wiki does support my hopes a bit with it's wording but I think I'm gonna need a bit more as wiki is wiki!

E34's first rolled off the production line in 1988. As has been mentioned, Wiki says Feb 88 and my BMW coffee table book says '88 as well.

According to realoem website they started E34 520 and 525's in 6/87

According to realoem website they started E34 520 and 525's in 6/87

Hi David,

have tried real oem, 535i is listed as 3/87, cheers, KB

How soon do you need to know Kayne? I don't have my laptop with me so can't look it up, I think Mike T might be in the office Monday so he could check for you.

How soon do you need to know Kayne? I don't have my laptop with me so can't look it up, I think Mike T might be in the office Monday so he could check for you.

Thanks for the help Guy's,

they have given me despensation to run the car even though it is slightly to modern,

they are happy it's in the spirit of the event, so yay! cheers and merry xmas! KB.

Thanks for the help Guy's,

they have given me despensation to run the car even though it is slightly to modern,

they are happy it's in the spirit of the event, so yay! cheers and merry xmas! KB.

you could always put the V12 back into a e32 and run that as they started build those in long wheel base models

in november 1986 :)

http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/E32/Seda...50iL-M70/NHD/U/

you could always put the V12 back into a e32 and run that as they started build those in long wheel base models

in november 1986 :)

http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/E32/Seda...50iL-M70/NHD/U/

Lol, yip thanks Brent that bit of info was handy in getting engine over the line!