Sign in to follow this  
///MPROVD

188mm diff questions

hey guys just brought an 188mm lsd center an im planning on swapping it out for the open diff with all the same ratios etc just a question about gear pitch i know is a shim that sets this pitch will it be different between the two centers i cant really see that it would be different but ive been told otherwise if this is needed does anyone know of diff service place's in west auckland that can set this pitch

thanks

Not sure about pitch but I've done the swap before on a 3.64 open case medium diff in an e30, just pulled the center out, bolted the big ring gear onto the LSD center and put it straight back in with some new LSD diff oil. Never had any issues with it.

Not sure about pitch but I've done the swap before on a 3.64 open case medium diff in an e30, just pulled the center out, bolted the big ring gear onto the LSD center and put it straight back in with some new LSD diff oil. Never had any issues with it.

yeah that's what i reckon im sure it will be sweet just would rather i didn't mash the ring gear haha ill probably just straight swap it thanks for the info

yeah that's what i reckon im sure it will be sweet just would rather i didn't mash the ring gear haha ill probably just straight swap it thanks for the info

Not a wise thing to do if you want it to last. I would recommend Diff Specs in Drury to sort it for you.