Sign in to follow this  
str8_6

E36 Coupe Drivers Door Card

Hi All,

Looking for the drivers side door card in my E36 coupe. Glue has begun to fail and is looking a pretty awful.

Vehicle has black leather interior with matching doors. Door cards look to be black vinyl.

Is it not better to take them somewhere to get repaired professionally?

I've always been on the look out for good door cars but with E36s being out of production for 13 years now, its hard to find any in good condition from a wrecked car.

Its only a mater of time before too much heat breaks down the eco glue they used, or the material itself shrinks, stretching off.

Is it not better to take them somewhere to get repaired professionally?

I've always been on the look out for good door cars but with E36s being out of production for 13 years now, its hard to find any in good condition from a wrecked car.

Its only a mater of time before too much heat breaks down the eco glue they used, or the material itself shrinks, stretching off.

I thought taking it to be repaired would be better too. Unfortunately the reputable place I chose did an average job and I would say that looking at it now it's beyond repair.

I thought taking it to be repaired would be better too. Unfortunately the reputable place I chose did an average job and I would say that looking at it now it's beyond repair.

I too had a bad experience with trimmers and the door card inserts - getting the cloth replaced. Can anyone recommend a trimmer in Wellington? Failing that, a black cloth that is stretchy enough to fit the inserts?