Sign in to follow this  
huff3r

1985 320i (For Parts) $1000

For sale is my 1985 BMW 320i Manual. It has some pretty major rust in the firewall, but still drives well (although the viscous fan needs replacing).

Rego on Hold

WoF Expired November 2012

Located Hamilton.

-Interior is currently in pieces a bit as I went looking to see how bad the rust was.

Exterior

- 4 door sedan

- Bronzitbeige, w/ slight crease in the bonnet, and various small dents. Largely straight however.

- Sunroof, some rust bubbles

- TSW Stealth wheels, an odd set with fronts 15x7, and rears 16x7.5. Tyres have good tread, and are 205/50 all round making the rear rolling diameter 1" bigger.

- Lowered on king springs in the front, standard in the rear. Comes with rear kings, and standard fronts too, however rear kings are not captive on standard shocks.

-BMW Original towbar

Drivetrain

- M20B20, runs well, although quite noisy (tappets). Viscous fan is shot and needs replacing, but car was not overheated.

- 5-speed manual g/box seems good, although shifter is floppy like most E30s. Good for manual conversion?

- 325i exhaust, very nice note to it, without being too loud.

Interior

- Mtech 1 steering wheel (leather removed as it was torn, still have it if you want it to make a pattern to recover)

- Has the better looking gearknob, and boot is not torn

- Seats poor condition, quite torn

- Glovebox reasonable condition, catch works

- Radio is a BMW Business RDS stereo, displays radio station names and current song playing (if available)

- JVC 6" rear speakers

- Dash has cracks as usual

- Toolkit is almost complete

- Original BMW jack

Yours for only $1000! Buy for the manual bits, and part out for a profit? ;)

post-3253-1359158916.jpg

Edited by huff3r

Bummer :(

Getting another?

One day... tempted to keep all the good bits, but they are the only bits that are worth anything! <_<

The falcon is close enough to a BMW though right?

And I needa job before I get any more cars!!

Heh pilot training is expensive enough even without an E30 hanging off your back :D

Edited by kevinator9

Heh pilot training is expensive enough even without an E30 hanging off your back :D

Far too true, although the training is all but done with the CPL achieved 10th Jan.

But hopefully this will make someone else's mediocre Auto E30 into a minter!

Nice work on he CPL! Massey runs a little slower <_< Guess I get a degree though...

Wouldn't want to pull the blower fan out for me would ya?

Nice work on he CPL! Massey runs a little slower <_< Guess I get a degree though...

Wouldn't want to pull the blower fan out for me would ya?

I'd prefer to sell it whole as I kinda just want it gone, but I'll see how it goes... Ask again in a month haha, I might change my mind :lol:

Bump! Anybody? I can take some more pics of the rust etc if anybody wants, although I'm pretty sure it's terminal. Otherwise I will be parting out if it isn't sold whole.

How terminal is the rust? Is it just the firewall? I would say it could be as cheap as $200 to fix (cut out and new plate welded)...

How terminal is the rust? Is it just the firewall? I would say it could be as cheap as $200 to fix (cut out and new plate welded)...

The passengers floor and the firewall that I've found so far, but coupled with a leaky heater and a busted fan clutch it seems uneconomical to repair. Rego is still on hold though. I have a new car already, so don't really have the funds to fix (unless AirNZ comes knocking on the door!)