Sign in to follow this  
qube

Tyres 235 35 19

Looking for some tyres 235 35 19

No cheap Chinese ones.

Preferably toyo Bridgestone falken etc

Will pay depending on brand and condition.

Thanks

Have you tried a tyre shop? I find tyre shops quite helpful when buying tyres!

Any reason why you have chosen Japanese tyres, from what I have looked into in that size (my car runs the same) the Japanese are well off the mark, the Toyo's are crap, falcon don't do anything notable and Bridgestone have nothing decent in that size in NZ for a reasonable price.

FYI The best bang for your buck in that size is the German made Goodyear Asymmetric II.

Oh really? I thought those brands were fairly decent...

I checked tyre shops and found them all recommending cheap Chinese ones saying its all good... Under $200 a pop.

Can't imagine them being any good..

Apparently this size is a bit uncommon..

I want to change mags eventually but can't find any mags I like..

Hmmmm what to do

I bought a set of wheels with Yokohama Ecos ES300 on all four. Two 245/35r19 and two 235/35r19. I want to go wider on the back (9.5" rims look lame with 245s on them), so could be persuaded to sell off either pair. They're pretty close to new (I was told 1000-2000km, and I've done barely 10km on them - they look near new, with full tread and sharp shoulders).

PM me if interested.

If anyone has a pair of ~265/35r19s, I'd be keen to hear from you!

That size is bad alright. Id go with Graham's suggestion as not a lot of good options in that size

Sorry not interested in that particular model of Yokohama.

Picky bugger.

What's wrong with the Ecos? They look black and rubbery...

well in all honesty, if i was to get ecos, i could get a pair for $300 with 1 year warrantee... i dont see why i would do that..

Oh really? I thought those brands were fairly decent...

I checked tyre shops and found them all recommending cheap Chinese ones saying its all good... Under $200 a pop.

Can't imagine them being any good..

Apparently this size is a bit uncommon..

I want to change mags eventually but can't find any mags I like..

Hmmmm what to do

When I managed a tyre shop ( up until last year ) that size was not uncommon. I would hazard a guess here and say you didn't go to any 'good' tyre shops ( sorry.. not being smart). Any shop that recommends a tyre under $200 on a 330 would be crossed off my list fairly quickly. There are a number of reasonable options available, perhaps your price expectations do not match up with how much a quality tyre costs?

well in all honesty, if i was to get ecos, i could get a pair for $300 with 1 year warrantee... i dont see why i would do that..

Um, because you said you wanted non-Chinese tyres in that size? Obviously you're not looking to spend lots of money on decent tyres, so I thought these might be the sort of thing you're after.

If you want high quality tyres at low Chinese prices, you should have said.

I don't understand what all the fuss is about?

I never said I wanted good tyres for cheap.

From what I found its probably going to cost $300-500 for a toyo/falken to goodyear.

That is basically what I want but if it was secondhand obviously would be a bit cheaper...