Sign in to follow this  
M M

New Member With E28.

Hey guys,

My name is Mateja (the J is pronounced as a Y ;) ) originally from Serbia, currently live in Auckland.

I own a mk2 Golf which I got when I was 16 and I've had for just over 2 years. A lot of work has gone into and I love the thing. Can provide a detailed list of anyone is interested.

Posted Image

Posted Image

When I was much younger my parents had a 2 door pre facelift E30 and since then I have always loved older BMW's.

On Wednesday night I picked up this E28:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's a 525e Auto. Last owner had if for around 7 years and took good care of it so it's in fairly good shape. At the moment Registration is on hold and no WOF. Needs a few things so immediate plan is to get it road legal so I can drive it while I swap a 2L into my golf and then I will start a full build on it. Definitely plan to convert to manual, probably will do a whole motor swap too but don't have an exact plan as of yet. Really just want to be able to legally drive it right now.

You found your way over from S|W lol. Welcome mate, the e28s are solid rides.

welcome! plenty of E28s here, but not much in the way of Stanceworks-ish material, im sure you will be the trend setter.

Thanks guys. I like to drive hard so I try to find the balance between looking good and handling well which I believe I did with my mk2. Not really into rediculous tyre stretch and all that.

Edited by M M

More pics please

As you wish:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Overall the body is really good, there is a dent on the left rear panel and a small one on the right side but other than that it is straight. It needs a good clean so tomorrow I'll do that and can put some photos up of the interior.

Another cool thing about it is that it came with the original manuals/books and all 4 original keys which I think is pretty neat. Even has the first owners name written in it as well as it's original number plate number from the UK.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by M M

Sweet, how's the interior?

Pretty decent, no tears or rips, seats look a bit worn but it's expected. The dash only has two minor cracks, nothing obvious. There was loads of cr*p under the front seats but that's all clean now. The carpets are a bit stained though so will be looking at replacing them with black carpet in the future.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pretty decent, no tears or rips, seats look a bit worn but it's expected. The dash only has two minor cracks, nothing obvious. There was loads of cr*p under the front seats but that's all clean now. The carpets are a bit stained though so will be looking at replacing them with black carpet in the future.

Posted Image

Posted Image

What happened to the badges on you BMW?

What happened to the badges on you BMW?

No idea, it came like that. I will be getting new ones soon.

hey dude nice to meet you the other day!! Byron here

Hey man! Likewise, sure is a cool e21.