Sign in to follow this  
e30ftw

Second Blower motor?

Anyone seen this thing before, I wanted to swap out my center console because to a normal non butchered one because mine had a weird cover on it as below, It's been DIY'd in there because it's been cut from behind to fit the motor then this covers over it really.

Posted Image

But it has this almost stock looking giant second blower fan connected to what looks to be the bottom of the air box. Though when the blower is turned on (the main one) this one doesn't turn on, so I have no clue what it's connected too. Anyone seen one before?? as a BMW number on it too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

yup like some e28's have too , retro fittted a/c from factory or early type setup

Brents onto it.

Quite common in Saffa cars from what ive seen

factory cover too, so not sure why it looks butchered to you. but its a weird sort of plastic that they have, its really thin and flexible correct?

Factory cover? Must be I guess, just never seen it, and mines NZ new so makes sense if it has been retro fitted if it didn't have A/C from factory... But why a second blower motor though?..

And yeah the cover looks like it fits perfect, but it has had the center console cut to make room for the blower behind it as below.. I was wanting to remove this cover to utilize the bit under it like a normal e30 but it's gonna be too much effort. And no it's solid plastic not thin and flexy :)

Posted Image

Edited by e30ftw