Sign in to follow this  
qube

Car folie $119 deal on grabone today

Just a heads up for anyone. Gonna get one myself for my new car and thought others might be interested.

Save a fair bit of money for a good job done, they did a great job on my other cars in the past.

Yep, Dad was meant to buy a couple last time for his and mum's car but forgot. Good thing they come round bi-monthly, almost :)

Bought - will post results!

I used Car Folie on my car and they had a similar deal but it's for the FX-ST Classic tint only - http://www.carfolie.co.nz/3M-car-tint.html - I ended out spending a bit more (think it was around $350 all up) for the full monty Carbon Supreme 35% tint. Nice and dark, great for keeping the car cool(er) and they did a really good job of removing the old warped tint on the rear windscreen without damaging the demister lines.

Highly recommend them but would also highly recommend opting for Carbon or Carbon Supreme.

They are excellent although I will always upgrade to the carbon at the least. Makes quite a difference (I've had both the $100 one and the Carbon on the same car)

Just a note: if you don't want to fork out $80 for 3M carbon then stick with the first one.

The second level one is rubbish. Magnetized film which is no good. And don't bother with the highest level one either. Not any better than carbon and $120 extra. So either stick with basic or go with carbon.

(Friend used to work for car folie)

I went canrbon on the E39 - works awesome.

I waited while they did it... took about 30 mins! I was a bit stunned!

I went canrbon on the E39 - works awesome.

I waited while they did it... took about 30 mins! I was a bit stunned!

Sheesh that's not long - I suppose you'd get quick at it after doing it 50 times or so! Mine's booked in Wednesday, can't wait.

Have had 2 e30s get carbon, am getting the latest e30 carbon too, i highly reccomend such a mint job and so cheap! :)

it only takes 30 minutes if the boss (seth i think his name is) is doing it.. when i got my e46 done took an hour and a bit with 3 guys going at it.. pretty slow tbh

carbon is a good film, more black but i think even the standard one is great, slightly more charcoal coloured. this is what im gonna get for the e34 and ill try to get a side by side comparison photo with it with my e46 with the carbon.

with regards to price, if you manage to grab a coupon for $99/119 its a mint deal.. i worked out it costs roughly $60 ish dollars to get a cheap film from supercheap/repco + tools (if you dont have it) + labour, it works out pretty much the same as a DIY but a professional job using 3M film (best!)

it only takes 30 minutes if the boss (seth i think his name is) is doing it.. when i got my e46 done took an hour and a bit with 3 guys going at it.. pretty slow tbh

They said it would be an hour, but it wasn't :)

I find the Carbon REALLY cuts down on heat entering the car - it actually feels cold sometimes, when the sun is shining in the sides or rear, but can be really hot coming in the windscreen!

got it done today, took just over an hour on my e34, it takes about an hour for an older vehicle and about 30 minutes for a new car..

(i think the reason for this is the coating on the glass wears off and the vinyl doesnt stick as well as new glass)

anyways, great job once again.. will try get some pics up in a few days

They did mine today, great work and an awesome result as I'm sure you'll all agree!

Posted Image

Looks great!

Driving home after getting mine done i could really notice the difference between the standard and the carbon.

If anyone manages to get a deal I highly recommend the $80 upgrade!