Sign in to follow this  
xxenragedxx

ECU RECODE

Anyone know where i can get this done without going to a dealer? car recently had a manual conversion... also heard you can get chips instead of the recode aswell, can anyone confirm?

cant offer any advice then, someone from the area will be along to help soon......

Cool,

What are you doing?

Why are you doing it?

What final outcome are you trying to get to?

Cool,

What are you doing?

Why are you doing it?

What final outcome are you trying to get to?

Just would like my car to have a little bit more acceleration and not to rev hang... Or the trans service light to be on. I know you can pull the bulb but I'd rather it done the proper way

Sweet,

I dont know of any body in Chch who can code BMWs at the level you need. There is only one professional guy here in auckland and me (I am still young Jedi on this at the moment but learning fast)

The rev drop this is obviously your ECU, the manual ROM has a different map for your idle controller (control valve).

The light can be coded out as well.

Another option you have is you can use another DME from a manual of the same vintage. Maybe get something out of the UK.

You would need the dealer to recode this to your car however.

Jan 95 onward is the change over period for EWSII on e36. This would need to be aligned to your EWS.

Sweet,

I dont know of any body in Chch who can code BMWs at the level you need. There is only one professional guy here in auckland and me (I am still young Jedi on this at the moment but learning fast)

The rev drop this is obviously your ECU, the manual ROM has a different map for your idle controller (control valve).

The light can be coded out as well.

Another option you have is you can use another DME from a manual of the same vintage. Maybe get something out of the UK.

You would need the dealer to recode this to your car however.

Jan 95 onward is the change over period for EWSII on e36. This would need to be aligned to your EWS.

Darn... Maybe I follow the guide on bimmerforums which restricts the air from the ICV, seems to have worked for others and just pull the dash bulb.

Tuners only mess around with maps they dont recode the ECU options and program sections. They may however be able to sort out the revdrop issue if they know what theyre looking for. (ICV Maps)

Tuners only mess around with maps they dont recode the ECU options and program sections. They may however be able to sort out the revdrop issue if they know what theyre looking for. (ICV Maps)

Ahh i see, anyway I followed a diy on restricting some of the air coming from the ICV and it seems to have eliminated my rev hang :) Now to figure out why its bucking between 2000-3000 rpm :(