Sign in to follow this  
danutt

e30 rear wheel bearing

wondering if someone would be so kind as to assist in borrowing me a tool or two neccessary to replace my rear wheel bearing on my e30

im told i need some kinda puller and perhaps a pusher

i have the bearing and have isolated the wur wur sound to the bearing not being good

i have all the other tools and the charge at a garage is too steep considering it taks approx an hour to get to the point where youd use the puller and another 1 hour reassemble

anyone got what i need or perhaps some experience with doing the rear bearings?

cheers

I can do it for you- $250 incl- you supply the bearing

appreciate the offer glenn thanks will see what i can do....will see if someone here has the tool or would it be ok if i came down and disassembled the rear so you can remove and replace bearing and i would reassemble??

would cut labour cost alot for me :)..thanks

Sorry...offer withdrawn :D good luck

howcome?...seems a little unfair considering i said i would think about it i was just waiting for a reply to see if someone would help sorry but i find that a little rude...so the price would be more expensive all of a sudden?yikes

howcome?...seems a little unfair considering i said i would think about it i was just waiting for a reply to see if someone would help sorry but i find that a little rude...so the price would be more expensive all of a sudden?yikes

Cost me $260 at a local garage.

Just take it in.

might just do that mate but was kinda hoping id be able to do it myself..have done everything else ion my car...not fond of sending it to someone else and learning nothing plus i quite enjoy working on her haha

just need a damn bearing puller..only have a bushing puller maybe make one haha

might just do that mate but was kinda hoping id be able to do it myself..have done everything else ion my car...not fond of sending it to someone else and learning nothing plus i quite enjoy working on her haha

just need a damn bearing puller..only have a bushing puller maybe make one haha

I know exactly what you mean. But for the amount of time you f**k around with it and the cost of tools + skinned knuckles dumb sh*t like wheel bearings just arent worth the hassle IMO

I know exactly what you mean. But for the amount of time you f**k around with it and the cost of tools + skinned knuckles dumb sh*t like wheel bearings just arent worth the hassle IMO

fair enough hahah

sorry but i find that a little rude...so the price would be more expensive all of a sudden?yikes

I apologise if i have hurt your feelings by coming across as being rude. The price is $250, $350 if I supply the bearing. OSCH won't let me allow you in our working area unless you have $1,000,000 public liability insurance and you receive and accept our training schedule.

I apologise if i have hurt your feelings by coming across as being rude. The price is $250, $350 if I supply the bearing. OSCH won't let me allow you in our working area unless you have $1,000,000 public liability insurance and you receive and accept our training schedule.

damn i actually had liability insurance at one point mmm i meant i could bring the jack etc all tools needed and literally do it next to your building hahah

Easier & better just to ask Glenn to do it. Wheel bearings are a poo job at the best of times, even worse if ya get them wrong & have to start again from scratch.

$250 is good considering all the skin & blood you get to keep :)

Just my 2c

I did Dads one, with a home made slide hammer. Big threaded rod some big nuts and big washers. I also had the stuff sitting around to do it, and a hoist which makes it easy - on axle stands (NOT a jack - you'll lose a limb!) would be a pain in the arse.

TBH, I'd pay $250, if I had to do it again. Took fricken AGES with the slide hammer and mashed a couple of fingers too.

If you like to do it your self (I do too) you could buy the tool with the money you would spend on labour - you do end up with a tool you'll probably NEVER use again though :lol: Like my E39 rear ball joint tool ;)

yea probably the better idea dammit lol all good thanks for the opinions