Sign in to follow this  
tttr1212

Matt's e36

Skip to the pictures if you cfb reading my rantining

So I have done most of the updates in my Intro thread, but I will recap the work and future work planned for my car.

First its a imported e36 328i coupe M Sport 152,000Km's which I brought 4 months ago for $5000, but it doesn't have the leather trim, imported into NZ in 2005.Everything is pretty straight for the age of the car and no aftermarket parts installed.

I'm abit of a BMW purest, so anything that was factory on an e36 including m3 and ACS parts will go on the car and will limit aftermarket parts as much as I can, just not a fan of aftermarket parts like cleartail lights, big bore exhausts etc.So hopefully next summer it will be ready for a track day at Ruapuna.

Last weekend I completed a auto to manual conversion, and has completely changed the car, would highly recommend doing this upgrade if you are thinking about doing it.Next job is to replace pulley tensioners, water pump, thermostat,belts and fix small oil leak on the front bearing, also for wof need 2 new tires and new bushes.

Wheels, so I have been looking for something for 4 months now, really want 9"s on the rear but I'm not sure about the offset, don't really what to role the guards and have low profile wheels as its a daily driver and cbf with rubbing and a hard ride, so will keep looking and researching, something BBS LM's or ACS, GASTKR has some ACS type 2 that I really want but I know it will be a pain to fit.

Work Done:

Front black lip

Auto to Manual

New rear rotors and pads

Rug doctor interior (always good to remove 13 years of human hair and skin, water was black when I finished)

Replaced fog light

Future plans:

New Wheels

M50 manifold and ECU tune (Brought m50 manifold from TM for $25)

Chrome Gauge's

Center console arm rest

3 Spoke M Sport steering wheel retrimmed in Alcantara, fabric and steering wheel purchased waiting on delivery of fabric

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by power1212

Good stuff Matt.

Nice to see another looked after E36 Coupe on the road.

Try some Autoglym interior Leather/Vinyl cleaner for the console etc, it will take away the gray-ish haze.

Good start. Makes me want to get the manual conversion for the touring done.

Check Swordfish's FS thread, he has some 18x8/9 BBS RG's for sale which will work if you want 9's on the rear. He is in Christchurch as well.

Nice start. what diff do you have in it atm?

Did you make the shifter boot?

Just make sure the intake isn't from an m50b20. I've seen alot of those coming up on trademe for cheap lately. You'll be able to tell when you look inside it

Just make sure the intake isn't from an m50b20. I've seen alot of those coming up on trademe for cheap lately. You'll be able to tell when you look inside it

haha, yes this is a good point.