Sign in to follow this  
Vr4wgn

Wtb: 2004 530i parts

Hey guys new to this forum but long time forum jumper..

Iv started taking a liking to the BMW thanx to My mentor..

Anyhow back to the point..

I recently purchased a 2004 bmw 530i badged as a 550i fir some reason

With some damage.. Was a steal at that price..

Posted Image

Posted Image

So upon investigating I see I need the following parts

Now firstly please may you help me in finding out WICH or if any parts are interchangeable from other models.

I need

Rego is GAN290 if you need chassis number

Alloy subframe

Steering rack

Sway bar

All bottom arms and links

Headlight hid type passive aswell I think

Spotlight

Under trays

Mag wheel

Sideskirt

Guard

Top dash pad

Lh a pillar cover. Mine seems to have suffered a burn or something. Maby airbag related

Drivers airbag and passenger airbag

Hi from your rego GAN290 found chassis WBANA72040B788579, rego japan 2004, assembled april 2004 e60 Sedan 530i M54.

If you go to bmw fans site and entry B788579 hit browse parts you will be able to get the part numbers for the bits you need and from that get some idea of the cost. The prices on the site are way out of date but looking at some of them it might cost a few $$$ to replace the items you have listed plus any others that might need replacing that have been missed. Hope it is of some help and good luck with the repair.

I don't have parts sorry, but hope I can help in some part from experience.

If you can find a non adaptive, bi xenon second hand that would be perfect but check that the internal wiring are good to go as I have read that they are wrapped in recycled materials which detereorate over time (I dunno if/when Hella fixed this, I'm guessing at least at LCI stage).

Do you still have the damaged headlight? If you do, it's best to retain the ballast (or whatever it's called) and the low beam bulb if you are going to get a new headlight. A new single headlight will be about 2k from BMW NZ or a Hella rep. These do not include the 'ballast' or low beam bulb, hence above about saving what you may already have.

If you are keen to keep costs low, you can pickup a RHD headlight from wanapart.co.uk for about 800 NZD + about 100/150 NZD for shipping. Keep in mind that when it hits the shores that you will need to pay import tax at customs (i.e you need to get a usercode etc) which is another couple of hundred but overall it's much cheaper than any option that I knew of at the time for OEM.

All the headlights for your type of E60 on Ebay are for LHD countries, Hella E60 headlights do have a switch for 'continental' driving, but they do not flip the cut off (e.g think Depo's) , it just prevents blinding of oncoming traffic. I'm not sure if they would pass a WOF and didn't want to spend a couple of hundred finding out.

If you want to rice it up a bit, Umnitza does custom E60 headlights for around 700 US a pair which uses FXR projectors with Orion V2 AEs. You need to ask them to install RHD projectors before construction, this would be about another 100 USD. The smaller FXR kinda looks a bit goofy but the V2's are crisp and clean, and, if I had the $ to risk, I would have gotten these.

Good luck with the project dude.

EDIT: Sorry to address your question - "Now firstly please may you help me in finding out W[H]ICH or if any parts are interchangeable from other models."

In regards to your headlight, it's pretty much 'it'. The other types of headlight from this model is (as you've eluded) are Adaptive Bi Xenon and Halogen. Halogen won't work, and I don't think adaptive will work without programming. The other type is the LCI headlights which won't work without programming also.

Edited by dr_kahu

Thsnx for the I of guys, I Apreciate it, especially two local guys hehe...

Do you guys ever buy from national sources or find them too expensive?

I'm considering bulk order from Japan but being led ill need to use the parts from my damaged light to alter it to rhd. Yes still has ballast and all bits,just housing is smashed .

You mention programming??

Is bmw that finess with the cars?

Thsnx for the I of guys, I Apreciate it, especially two local guys hehe...

Do you guys ever buy from national sources or find them too expensive?

I'm considering bulk order from Japan but being led ill need to use the parts from my damaged light to alter it to rhd. Yes still has ballast and all bits,just housing is smashed .

You mention programming??

Is bmw that finess with the cars?

haha just noticed palmy. Welcome btw.

Sometimes I use international sources because often I am short of $. There are a couple of suppliers on here I think who give good deals, other members may be able to point them out.

RE: programming, yes (my lame explaination which you should take with a grain of salt is) the OBC will expect a signal from the headlight which it perhaps isn't sending and thus will throw up an error, but for the E60, it can be reprogrammed/re-coded to get around this but I'm not 100% on it.

haha just noticed palmy. Welcome btw.

Sometimes I use international sources because often I am short of $. There are a couple of suppliers on here I think who give good deals, other members may be able to point them out.

RE: programming, yes (my lame explaination which you should take with a grain of salt is) the OBC will expect a signal from the headlight which it perhaps isn't sending and thus will throw up an error, but for the E60, it can be reprogrammed/re-coded to get around this but I'm not 100% on it.

I see...

Ok don't suppose you may know who would be of so e help with parts?

Brent has nothing, dammmmm

Wow that site is great for part numbers etc.. Thnx.

Can I order from them? Seems their new is it? Or used? Parts are STILL cheaper than NZ used...

Funny how the government pushes for "Keep it Local" but you end up paying 3/4 more .....

I don't know any people/parts hookups sorry.

If the site you're referring to is wanapart.co.uk, yes I do believe those are new parts, but I only speak from the experience of buying the headlight from them though, which was supplied to me brand new.

I was 'suspect' of them for a while and just took the risk and I can definately say it paid off. Part arrived within two and a half weeks (it had to go from Germany->UK->NZ). All payments are conducted through Paypal.

But yeah keep in mind you will get stung at the border for more expensive items :\

Ok I've sourced nearly everything bar headlight for $4500nz from Raymond. Great guy..

I think I got a good deal would you agree??

Ok I've sourced nearly everything bar headlight for $4500nz from Raymond. Great guy..

I think I got a good deal would you agree??

Sounds p good considering that list you have :P

FYI another good site i use for part numbers is realoem.com

If the drivers & passengers airbags have gone off you will need both front pre tensioners and possibly a new control unit and a new positive battery lead. Have you had anyone check it out for you ?... was the car written off or just auctioned in a damaged condition ??

If the drivers & passengers airbags have gone off you will need both front pre tensioners and possibly a new control unit and a new positive battery lead. Have you had anyone check it out for you ?... was the car written off or just auctioned in a damaged condition ??

Hey buddy slowly getting all the parts, yea I noticed today that I need a new lead.

How do I check if I need pre tensioner s? Bare with me please as I'm a bmw noob lol..

Was tod I may not need the control box as only 2 bags went off.

Yea was deregd