Sign in to follow this  
JayCee

e30 lsd diff

Was anticipating the noise was being caused by obliterated clutch packs, which I had on back order from the states c/o the father in law. Thankfully we've been able to cancel the order and get a refund on the ordered parts.

Was expecting to spend a few hundred by the time new bearings & seals were factored into the rebuild. Sending it back now would result in a net loss and will cost me time I don't currently have.

Again, lessons learned.

Now, to figure out what to do with a 3.64 gear set.

You can buy LSD centers in NZ, a few come up on here and on trademe too for around $500

Can you put a say 410 ratIowa Lsd centre into a 364ratio diff, if they are both the same case size?

The centers are the exact same, the only difference between diff's is the the ring gear and pinion gear.

You would need to swap the 3.64 ratio ring gear onto the LSD before installing it into the 3.64 case (pinion gear will be different).

The centers are the exact same, the only difference between diff's is the the ring gear and pinion gear.

You would need to swap the 3.64 ratio ring gear onto the LSD before installing it into the 3.64 case (pinion gear will be different).

Setting up a diff requires someone who knows what they are doing. You can save yourself a lot of heartache by getting Kayne Barrie to do it properly so you actually get the real benefit of the LSD. To do otherwise is often penny wise pound foolish.

You can buy LSD centers in NZ, a few come up on here and on trademe too for around $500

Pretty sure i have one sitting in the garage that i need to get rid of if someone needs it.

Pretty sure i have one sitting in the garage that i need to get rid of if someone needs it.

Will take it of your hands.

Regards Ray

Dammit!! 11 minutes too slow :( Out of curiosity, how much do you sell them for, Ray?

Edited by Ahmedsinc