Sign in to follow this  
Mavrick

New Gearknob...

Hay I was just wondering how much it is for a new gearknob because as you can see by the photos mines ruined. Its a dog-leg if that makes any difference.

Prices for new and second hand would be good.

Cheers

post-2-1124948248.jpg

hey i got a new 1 for $90 fitted, but they did use the old numbers in the new grip

hey i got a new 1 for $90 fitted, but they did use the old numbers in the new grip

Feel the burn, I replaced mine for $25, trademe is your friend

Bugger all.

It's not a dog-leg and it doesn't illuminate, so less than $120 from BMW is my guess.

My bad, what is dog-leg then?

Yeah I think trademe is the best bet, $120 is a bit much just for a gearknob.

If it were a dog leg then 1st gear would be bottom left and the diagram on the gear knob would have first down the bottom left but kina of half way between R and 3rd

Dogleg implies a racing gear box. So your last gear change is straight back toward you. As 1st is generally only used for getting off the line.

Carl is right, 1st is out on it's own and the top numbers are 2 & 4 (in a 5 speed).

I bought an E36 gearnob and the gaiter boot for $80 from Dealer. I think it was only $30-$40 for nob. Leather was more expensive but you needed to buy the numbers seperately ($25).

I bought an E36 gearnob and the gaiter boot for $80 from Dealer. I think it was only $30-$40 for nob. Leather was more expensive but you needed to buy the numbers seperately ($25).

Hey bro, is that retail or trade price?

Hey bro, is that retail or trade price?

From Shelly BMW, Retail minus 10% for being a BMWCC member. The E36 ones look the part I reckon. Edited by Deftones

a mate of mine got a brand new one from bmw for 60 bucks normal one but a motorsport one would be cool who needs the numbers?

Edited by nz320i