Sign in to follow this  
Dnz

Fog lights

=Andrew,Aug 29 2005, 05:10 PM

:D

hah lets work this out.

From what you said yes there is the additional 0.15 hp. PLUS

- 0.53hp (calculated on the dyno of course) from the extra air flowing up through custom cardboard intakes in the fog light holes that go straight into the intake manifold (for massive torque).

The dizzy is slightly cooler and transfers a slightly better spark to the plugs (0.78 hp).

1 kg off a 1000 kg car that has 170 hp at the wheels would mean the power/weight ratio is now increased - effectively adding more hp.

Then i got extra vtech from the removal.

You only got an extra 3hp? I managed to squeeze 7hp out of the 318.

But i used the left fog light hole to mount an aftermarket remote oil cooler. Made from coke bottles.

Sadly i'm suffering from lowered v-tec but i have noticed less turbo lag

Guest Andrew

You only got an extra 3hp? I managed to squeeze 7hp out of the 318.

But i used the left fog light hole to mount an aftermarket remote oil cooler. Made from coke bottles.

Sadly i'm suffering from lowered v-tec but i have noticed less turbo lag

That is very impressive - you are an obviously an accomplished tuner.

Found a new trick bit of a steal from a Jap car - but the gain/cost ratio is incredible.

Step 1 - Open Air Box - Flip upside down removing intake stream from behind headlight.

Step 2 - Enjoy 5hp extra from virtually no restriction.

Another great one to remove the restrictive AFM and not use a MAP or MAF sensor.

Step 1 - Buy 6 (or 4) depending on number of cylinders cheap digital timing processors.

Step 2- Program them all for a certain RPM - say you want your power at 5000 RPM thats 83.33 (correct 2.s.f) revolutions/second. So one spark/fuel interval in all of that. Set the cheap timing processes to 83.2 HZ (for a nice fuel injection just after TDC) with 100% amplitude of whatever voltage is 100% on your injectors (don't want it running lean) I'm sure a 086 computer put in the boot would have enough power to do fuel injection processing.

Step 3- AND BINGO no need for complicated air measuring systems - just fuel and spark control and the air comes into the TB with NO intake restriction.

Step 4 - You might want to add magnets to the fuel and what is remaining of the air intake to polarise the air flow.

Step 5 - Upgrade your brakes - we don't want to be modding stupidly now!

I see you are having reduced v-tec - apply liberally type-r or v-tec stickers untill desired result is achieved.

M badges will add handling if you need it.

Would 1 very large Vtek sticker be as good as many small one's?

Is it important to have them on both sides of the vehicle? (for performance obviously)

Do you get the same hp from home made stickers...? :lol:

Guest Andrew

MattA: Naturally the larger the better - load balancing is important otherwise one side of the car will hit v-tech earlier and you'll fly off the road killing sheep and innocent bunnies.

DirtySix: It completely removes OBDII and replaced it with FTSITY III - a much better system (FTSITY = f**k THIS sh*t IS TIGHT Y0! VERSION 3)

I am down with that sh#t YO :wub:

Edited by DirtySix

Okay. Let me get this. If I stick V-tec stickers on my back rims. Will this induce oversteer. A la drifting?

Or do they need to be used in conjunction with a couple of M badges?

I'm also thinking of ordering Custom spec M3 mirrors to inclease aerodynamic efficiency.

And maybe even a massive rear spoiler.

Clear tails are already installed. But haven't been tuned yet. Were putting it on the dyno next week.

on no account mix v tech and //M badges!Also a little known fact is never mix v tech and MUGEN stickers.One large MUGEN sticker is worth 10 v tech stickers.

Guest Andrew

rolls_on_19s: some good info there - yes you are correct about the oversteer. Stickers on rear arches for oversteer. TRD badges on front will induce understeer. Good to see your getting those lights properly tuned.

kiwi535: interesting fact - you learn something new each day!