Sign in to follow this  
arros

White pimped E34 on Sth Motorway, AKL

Saw a white (usually an unfortunate colour but looked alright) E34 5 series on Motorway- Thursday afternoon. Missed the number plate (stupid). Fairly deep mags, clear indicators, side skirts and front/rear pinnies. Front apron looked custom (not like M5). Also had decent sized cannon big bore. Anyone know anything about it?

Looked pretty cool- except for the colour

Ta

i have seen a turbo'ed white one, with a massive front mount.

Lots of $$$$$$$$$

There's a white '89 (I think) ex 535i, which has a full body kit, 17 or 18 inch genuine motorsport alloys, stainless exhaust/headers/huge tip, tan leather interior, '95 wide kidney (V8) grille and a manual gearbox, mated to a Lexus 4 litre V8. Rego OP7355 (I think, again). Lowered as well, looks mint and sounds unbelievable. That the car? Cost the guy around $40k 5 or so years ago if it is.

Yeah, thought about buying it, so got acquainted!

Wanted $35k, then $30, then $28, then $25, then $20, at which point I offered him $12!! It was immaculate, new suspension, new everything.

I think he got about $17-19k for it, saw it about 4-5 weeks ago, still looked great and you wouldn't believe the sound, sounds deep NASCARish down low, builds upto a real high pitched scream. I should have bought it.

Palazzo that definitely sounds like the one. Cheers - just wanted to know what the hell it was as it sounded like no E34 I'd ever heard before. Lexus V8 motor: nice (well under a lexus bonnet anyway). You're right about the NASCAR bit- crusing next to in in build up traffic, it sounded like a freeking race car about to lauch itself without being a typical Holden V8 like of burble and then the sream as it increased speed.It sounded pretty cool. Wonder what sort of performance it has. The thing is so mint looking, I'd buy it just for the exterior detailing alone.

Thanks

uh huh you guys are correct, guy that owns it is the managing director at firestone up by continental cars up eden terrace, a beast of a car, supercharged around 260 kW on low Boost, ill post some pics when ive got time.

Hah! I almost added "I think a tyre/suspension guy bought it and there were plans to supercharge it" in my first reply, now THAT would have been detail.

260 KW: damn tis one mean machine.