Sign in to follow this  
Vr4wgn

E60 electrical problem. Please help urgent.

Hi guys please may I call upon your expertise.

Iv recently as some may remember I purchased an e60(2004)530i do er upper. And now ready for panel shop I'm removing engine and dash pad. But since unplugging all dadh items somehow the steering and seat adjusters have stopped working.

Iv urged it all back in. No luck

Disconnected battery. No luck.

Double check all fuses. No luck

Car has to be ready for Monday morning and as I'm fairly newbie to BMW I need all the time I have.

Please can someone help me identify why

Urgently please.

Regards

Q

Edited by Vr4wgn

so you can't turn the steering wheel?

Steering lock is probably on. Put the key in it and turn it on

Not sure what you've unplugged to stop the seats from working but you'll probably want to follow some wires or retrace what you've done

Hi guys please may I call upon your expertise.

Iv recently as some may remember I purchased an e60(2004)530i do er upper. And now ready for panel shop I'm removing engine and dash pad. But since unplugging all dadh items somehow the steering and seat adjusters have stopped working.

Iv urged it all back in. No luck

Disconnected battery. No luck.

Double check all fuses. No luck

Car has to be ready for Monday morning and as I'm fairly newbie to BMW I need all the time I have.

Please can someone help me identify why

Urgently please.

Regards

Q

hmm could you pick a more complex car to learn on.....? I really hope its something simple for you!

Don't these have the electric steering lock like the E90? If so, it may have failed. Or it may have been the reason for the big accident in the first place....

Don't these have the electric steering lock like the E90? If so, it may have failed. Or it may have been the reason for the big accident in the first place....

Correct. I've just replaced one that failed in our doorway. Customer was booking it in for a service.

Your probably looking at a bunch of modules that need to be reset or at least diagnosed. I had to say it but e60/e90 etc systems aren't like e46/e39 systems. If something isn't plugged in and working 100% it can effect the running of other things such as the seat modules.

The seats in a e60/e90 need a CAN signal .. they will let you power them up for about 20 seconds to move them after that they lock out.