Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

FS: PEUGEOT 205GTI

My cousin's car was clipped by a taxi and will be written off by the insurance company but it is still functioning. I only got a quick look at it but there is damage to front right corner: headlight and quarter panel from what I can gather.

If there is interest I'll find out the details of the damage.

Wanting around $8K - the car is in Auckland.

Roughly 115,000KMS, manual, limited edition model.

I thought some of the race series or rally drivers may be interested?

Same colour scheme as this one:

Posted Image

Edited by Tristan

So this GTI has been written off?

And you want 8k?

Dreaming.

Sorry let me clarify. The one of the parts required (headlight) is no longer made which is why the insurance company is paying out the full insured value (Around $8K I think).

I was offering it here in case somebody had a use for it and it doesn't get crushed into a cube or something.

AFAIK the car is mechanically sound, and is still being driven daily.

Is it not worth just fixing it yourself and forget the insurance?

It's not mine, its my cousins. She works, has a 1 year old and the husband isn't very mechanically minded!

I think they also want something safer (air bags, traction control, etc. and more space with the young one)

Just offering it up here for the same amount as insurance can offer in case somebody can put her to good use. It's a great little car!

Very disappointing, mainly because I don't think you'll fine anyone offering 8k for a damaged car and as you say insurance will just scrap it :(

Very disappointing, mainly because I don't think you'll fine anyone offering 8k for a damaged car and as you say insurance will just scrap it :(

I'll try get some photos to show the damage - it doesn't look very bad at all :(

And yes, it's a shame it'll be scrapped.

I'll try get some photos to show the damage - it doesn't look very bad at all :(

And yes, it's a shame it'll be scrapped.

I think you can ask to be included in the tender for the wreck if you are the owner....

Yes should be able to. I know my insurence gives me first dibs to buy my wreaked car before it goes to turners I guess.

Considering there's a roadworthy one on Tardme for 3200 I think theyre a little optimistic in th3 $ dept :blink: Unless I'm looking at a way older model? Not familiar with cars made by cheese eating surrender monkeys :)

That model is 5 years older, 60,000kms more, cloth interior (hers is leather), and not the limited edition model (I'm not sure what makes it special)

That model is 5 years older, 60,000kms more, cloth interior (hers is leather), and not the limited edition model (I'm not sure what makes it special)

Ahhh, that goes a long way toward explaining the $ difference. Lol, told you I know nothing about frenchies :) Disappointing that the manufacturer has orphaned the car already :(

Yeah even more disappointing as the car belongs to my other cousin who lives in the UK but his sister in Auckland is driving it; he's a car fanatic :\

Oh well, if it comes to it they'll take the insurance pay out which seems more likely

You've lost me in there somewhere. You're claiming the car has a few hundred $$$ damage but the ins. is going to write is off and pay $8000. Improbably. Ins. Cos. are in business to make money. Used parts are readily available in the UK, I can't see why the insurance wouldn't fix it, even if it cost $2000. It must have structural damage requiring repair and recert. That's my $0.02 worth.

Not familiar with cars made by cheese eating surrender monkeys :)

LOL

You've lost me in there somewhere. You're claiming the car has a few hundred $$$ damage but the ins. is going to write is off and pay $8000. Improbably. Ins. Cos. are in business to make money. Used parts are readily available in the UK, I can't see why the insurance wouldn't fix it, even if it cost $2000. It must have structural damage requiring repair and recert. That's my $0.02 worth.

Exactly, why pay $8000 when there is no way it would cost that much to fix? (according to you)

I'm not questioning that the car is worth $8k in undamaged condition. I can see that is possible. I question why the insurance is writing it off when it has been suggested by the seller that it can be repaired for a small outlay.

Obvious more information on the condition of the car is necessary.

The taxi driver admitted liability for the accident (the passenger in his taxi was a witness) and my cousin's insurance company is having his one pay for it.

EDIT:

Like I've already said it's a shame for the car to go to be wrecked or salvaged and I'm just offering it here for the same amount in case somebody could use it for a track or rally car or something. I'm not here to defend myself and if there's such an issue I'll just delete the thread.

Edited by Tristan

This thread makes absolutely no sense.

Closed.