Sign in to follow this  
Arma

Existing member, new car

So, just bought Tristan's 530i today. Really liking it so far, seems pretty well looked after so hoping it will treat me better than my 520i has. :). Came with 2 spare tyres and some other goodies as well.

Few small things to fix, such as color fade on the side mirrors - need to get a hold of new glass for the mirrors, if anyone knows where I can get a hold of these and how much they are would be great.

Girlfriend was saying the exhaust is a bit too loud for her when in the car, so maybe will address that at some point to quieten it (best way to do this?) at some point, I like the rumble but a bit quieter would be nice for a bit more comfort I suppose :D.

Other than that, liking both the feel and the looks of the car:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Girlfriend was saying the exhaust is a bit too loud for her when in the car, so maybe will address that at some point to quieten it (best way to do this?) at some point, I like the rumble but a bit quieter would be nice for a bit more comfort I suppose :D.

Get rid of the girlfriend.

PM sent

Get rid of the girlfriend.

PM sent

Haha I suppose that's a solution. Still planning on keeping the mufflers for now, she can always drive the 520i for the quietness. ;)

Glad you're liking it! :)

Will have the stock exhaust for you next week, when that's in it is barely audible though!

Awesome, nice to see it stay within the forum.

Must be quite a change performance wise, going 2 to 3 liters!

Nice, probably just needs a centre muffler change out to quieten it down but keep the tone so to speak.

Also Tristan, no going off and buying a blimmin Subaru or something as bad when you do get your new car. Wont be impressed ... :D

Nice, probably just needs a centre muffler change out to quieten it down but keep the tone so to speak.

Also Tristan, no going off and buying a blimmin Subaru or something as bad when you do get your new car. Wont be impressed ... :D

Think he's getting an m3 ;)

Might keep the exhaust as it is. Gf's ears are getting accustomed to them.

Hehe don't think you have to worry mate :rolleyes:

Brock did a quick sensor scan at Botany Motorworx this morning - almost everything seems alright, just need to change an exhaust cam sensor, which will hopefully make driving the car feel even better (well, it did on my 520i, improved torque + fuel consumption).

Had the disa valve replaced by Glenn - it was rattling when engine was running; probably dead/on its way out (the valve). :)

Edited by Arma

Had the disa valve replaced by Glenn - it was rattling when engine was running; probably dead/on its way out (the valve). :)

Always a good move! They are known to fall apart and lunch engines - the little pin falls out and gets munched up.

Mine had a holey diaphragm, and wasn't doing anything I don't think. It was probably like it for a REALLY long time, as the mechanism wasn't worn at all! Fixing up the hole made a massive difference. probably as much as the Vanos seals did.