Sign in to follow this  
tobytoblerone

Talk about insane Auckland property prices!

Ohh yea! Was such a terrible thing to happen in our lovely friendly community. Still think it must of been an accident or the wind :P

Ohh yea! Was such a terrible thing to happen in our lovely friendly community. Still think it must of been an accident or the wind :P

Head of Police in Dunedin declined to comment on camera, I fear this was a coverup not to disclose the wind speeds that evening. The F.B.I also attended & have removed the suspects from the most wanted lists, INTERPOL have removed the suspects from their website as it has now become a closed case.

Edited by The Diesel Guy

That actually sounds like a story that the ODT would see fit to publish! "Letterbox smashed, found broken"

They're too busy crashing their vans at the moment.

I find it useless how people wait years for the housing prices to come down before they buy.

i was wasting nearly 15K a year in rent that now goes on the mortgage.

unless the housing price is going to come down massively theres no point waiting.

i paid around 280k for 170m2 on 750m2 section in taupo.

relatively new house very tidy nice part of town.

had 16K as deposit, mostly from kiwisaver.

1 year later the house has a valuation of 315K which means im give or take at 20% equity already.

simple math really. im paying rates and insurance and the two flatmates cover the mortgage.

it all comes down to having the commitment to put needs ahead of the wants. if you cant, stay renting or live with mum and dad

i was wasting nearly 15K a year in rent that now goes on the mortgage.

This is what motivated me to buy a house, we were wasting around 22k a year renting in St Lukes.

After living there a year I decided to put my money towards something better.

I'm lucky we beat the sudden house price jump, if we'd stayed renting for another 6 months I wouldn't have even considered paying what houses were or are going for now!

I get real estate agents constantly coming to our place asking if we want to sell as the estimated selling price has increased at least 100k over the year we've owned it :blink: but to actually profit from selling you'd need to move out of auckland

Edited by Lucan

This is what motivated me to buy a house, we were wasting around 22k a year renting in St Lukes.

After living there a year I decided to put my money towards something better.

I'm lucky we beat the sudden house price jump, if we'd stayed renting for another 6 months I wouldn't have even considered paying what houses were or are going for now!

I get real estate agents constantly coming to our place asking if we want to sell as the estimated selling price has increased at least 100k over the year we've owned it :blink: but to actually profit from selling you'd need to move out of auckland

Got in at the right time! I'm hoping to be able to buy a house next year or the year after ...