Sign in to follow this  
shadowninja

Road Rage

Has anyone else witnessed road rage lately?

I was driving out to a client meeting early this morning (shortly before 8am) on the Hutt Motorway Northbound & watched a guy punch out another motorist on the side of the road (through the open window of the car). I assume it followed a minor fender-bender as there was a hubcap on the road, but no other visible damage. :confused:

Called it in to the cops, who took all the details. Only had to wait for about 60 seconds on hold.

Only had to wait for about 60 seconds on hold.

better than being transferred automatically to the taxi service...

No, I haven't witnessed any road rage incidents recently.

My personal opinion is that people with anger problems like that should not be allowed on the roads, as there's always something going to piss them off and a person who has lost control like that is temporaily out of control (insane if you like). Out of mental control whilst driving is not a good look.

You did right to call the cops - since we're not allowed to shoot those wankers, more's the pity... :P

That guy who took a hammer to the knee knows all about road rage by now.

See it all the time in Auckland late at night. Up in Northland they don't tend to stop and hit you, they try to force others off the road. I have seen more than one occaision when someone is being chased down and the pursuer pulls alongside and swerves into the other car's lane forcing the other car onto the shoulder.

It's insane. In the Hokianga my work colleague was almost run over - he had to dive into the ditch to avoid being hit, and guns have been waved over there.

I-N-S-A-N-E!

Do it, I was up there 2 weeks ago, Waipapakauri, Houhora, Tokerau Bay, Karikari, Spirits Bay. Road rage? There's nobody up there, anywhere! How can they have road rage?

Try driving anywhere near kawakawa, morewa, kaitaia, kaikohe or the west coast.

Otherwise it's fine - notice I said the crazy ones were mostly in the hokianga

Waipapakauri, Houhora, Tokerau Bay, Karikari, Spirits Bay

All those places are excluded as is Kerikeri, Russell, Opua and Paihia, Whangaroa, Mangonui, Karikari, and all the other empty nice spots.

It doesn't happen often, but enough for me to have seen what I have seen in 12 months since I moved back.

Don't get the wrong end of the stick - I wouldn't have moved here if there was an epidemic - just that the few incidents I have seen tend to be quite severe.

On second thoughts, nah bro - its terrible - why would you want to move up here?? It's crap - stay where you are nice and safe...

**Mumble, mumble, people moing to the area and spoiling it mumble mumble**

I think driving a D/cab 4wd diesel ute with the local forestry company's name over it may have helped our cause as well. Don't know how business survives up there, went to the Houhora pub for the AB/Wallabies game, big screen, cheap beers/food, 8 people there including 3 of us.

It's called tourist season and it hasn't started - alot of businesses are closed now, or run on a shoestring to keep the locals happy. Go into the same pub in january - packed with everyone from the campsite etc.

Same everywhere up here. At the moment it is good - empty beaches, plenty of bays to anchor in, pubs and cafes pretty much to ourselves, then around October, you lot come in and f**k it up for a few months. We don't mind cos you leave behind wads of cash, but we're all glad to see that back of you.

Plus it gives me something to look at when I go to the beach on my lunch break, and there's always plenty of tourist action to be had down the pubs during the holiday season - why go overseas to experience other cultures when they come to you!

Plus it also means we get some good events the regular population wouldn't support like concerts etc.

So it's all for a good cause, but in the off season, many businesses cloase, the rest just cut right back and "hibernate" so to speak. The holiday season often pays the bills for the whole year it is that lucrative.

oh and you may have noticed the cost of living up here is higher - property prices match Aucklands, rates are often higher than auckland and for what services???? I don't have council water or sewerage at my place (private spring and septic tank), no footpath, no rubbish collection - just power and phone that I had to pay to have installed myself.

Food is slightly more expensive - I have to pay tourist prices at the cafes - $6 pints, $5 coffes, $5 sandwiches, $20 breakfast.

Gas was over $1.50 BEFORE the recent price rise, no it's over $1.60

So that is how businesses survive.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey