Sign in to follow this  
beemn

E46 OEM Alarm...keeps getting set off

So the past 3 nights the factory alarm in the e46 has been sounding in the middle of the night, i wish it was because some one has broken into it but noooo. The car never gets used often, maybe once every 2-3 weeks, but i used it friday sat and sunday and since then its had a spaz.

Every time it goes off i unlock the car and wait for the doors to re-lock after 2 min so it doesn't turn on & set the alarm, pain in the ass. Last night I disabled the interior movement sensor with the key and that didn't work, any idea what it could be?..bad battery, tilt sensor? good alarm bad car?

Edited by beemn

Try the bonnet sensor. Had to do to replace the one in my E90 for precisely this reason - it was a carryover part from the E46 and was known to be flaky....

25 second replacement job with the bonnet up, around $45 (from memory) from Milland.

Try the bonnet sensor. Had to do to replace the one in my E90 for precisely this reason - it was a carryover part from the E46 and was known to be flaky....

25 second replacement job with the bonnet up, around $45 (from memory) from Milland.

Spot on, i scanned the car and it had a faulty hood switch, unplugged it job done

Capital City Auckland

apperantley you already got the wind :P