Sign in to follow this  
Mr2low

lowering E39 540 with edc

Yes, no, maybe? is all I've found out

Has anyone done it, any springs in particular that i need to use? I've got a 2inch+ arch gap that needs addressing

Well still waiting, emailed stocks didn't even get a response, I wouldn't of thought this was such a hard question.

Im sure a google search would turn up something, but i think most people just bin them when they fail and replace them with new shocks and springs as ron said.

Did google, hence why my questions here. Some forums said I can't see why not but haven't tried it, some said no because it'll mess up the edc, all the spring listings seem to say 'without edc' for the 540i. I have had good dealings with the guys at stocks in the past, through my old job and personally which is why I emailed them. I was hoping to find out if it was possible with the edc setup then use same springs with some real shocks later.

I've just signed the deed agreement to say I agree with the will once that's all signed buy everyone, I take ownership of the cars. Prefer not to do it and go "it'll be alright" drive down the road have a massive suspension failure and write off a car I've only just got.

If you end up replacing the edc shocks with something else to match the lowering springs, I would steer clear of bilstein HD. I used these in my 540i and the ride was very crashy. Pretty good on smooth motorways though.