Sign in to follow this  
Ahmedsinc

Dinan chip

Has anyone had experience with Dinan ECU chips? Am looking at the M50B25 one http://www.dinancars.com/shop/Call-Dinan-Performance-Engine-Chip.aspx#page=1 and am trying to find out if it can be coded to suit the manual conversion (reset idle rev etc) - or is that in a different part of the ECU?

Either way, 18hp and 20 ft/lb for $240 plus shipping sounds pretty good to me! Or would the real world gains be somewhat more modest than claimed?

Edited by Ahmedsinc

US spec Matt. No use to us. Like the Shark will not load unless Euro spec.

US spec Matt. No use to us. Like the Shark will not load unless Euro spec.

I feared as much. Had no idea if there was a difference between US and rest of the world on the M50s.

Bums :(

What are the differences anyways? I know there was a gaping chasm between the S50 and the 3 litre M50 they put in the M3s over there but hadn't heard about the M50B25

I feared as much. Had no idea if there was a difference between US and rest of the world on the M50s.

If you send them the ECU for a bench tune instead of buying a chip they can probably do it.

If you send them the ECU for a bench tune instead of buying a chip they can probably do it.

I was pondering that, but figured by the time I paid for trans - Pacific shipping twice plus the geek hours I'd probably get a better result by taking it to a reputable local tuner :)

Just proves when something looks too good to be true, it is!

i believe the M50s are pretty much the same between them, just software differences. its the S motors that go all strange. you may find the chip when sold to US may just be a euro BMW chip?

certainly needs more research anyhow

May well be the case mate, nearly 20 more horses and 20 ft/lb torque does seem to be a rather substantial lift over standard tune. Are there any forums or resources online dedicated to the M50? Am very keen to get to the bottom of this!

Am also curious to discover what sort of increases can be gained from remapping the stock ecu, wonder if Gavin @ hi velocity or Hybrid can cast any light on this? :)