Sign in to follow this  
///MPROVD

e36 m3 fuel pump fault

hey im currently having troubles with my m3 fuel pump it all seems fine apart from power to fuse 18 i jumped fuse 18 with another live fuse and the pump powers ive replaced the fuel pump relay and still nothing so my question is what is fuse 18 connected too and why doesnt it have power ?

The ews shuts power off/on to the fuel pump as well as starter motor and ignition I'm pretty sure so I'd say it may be something to do with that

Checked the other relays? I recall there are a couple required for the the fuel pump power feed.

turned out to be a faulty fuel pump i pulled the pump out and put it back in and it worked. the day after it wouldn't start it had intermittent start faults b4 but never didnt start i moved the relays around and it started again so i thought it must of been relay faults i also discovered that the power at fuse 18 only supply's during crank cycles i know that should have been more obvious but hey ive learnt now but the next time car failed to start when i put power directly to pump it would not run so i replaced it and has been fine since. thanks for the info