Sign in to follow this  
NHCTIB

E34 electric seats - need help

I just got myself some nice leather electric seats for my car but I only got one end of the wiring plugs :angry: (the plug that goes under the seat) and need to either find a full wiring loom for them or a decent wiring diagram so that I can see what connects with what so I can bodgy it up...

If any body can help me out it would be much appreciated as I cant put them in without this and I soo want to get rid of the cloth.

So if you happen to know where I could get a wiring loom or know of a decent diagram I could get my hands on to please let me know.

Cheers

if they have memory it is quite a mission.You should have all the wiring sounds like you might be missing a commector between car and seat.I am on my out but i will try to find a link to a whole series of posts from another board.

if they are memory seats i have a wiring loom for them.the only way to conect easy .

if they are not memory seats then its easy just need 12volts going all the time to the fat brown wire is earth , red/yellow wire is positive .

021433600 or 2997389

Did you get the control switches with them too?

I have a full set of electric leather recaros out of an E28 M5 and have the complete wiring loom and switches too. If they are the same switches I could easily do a wiring loom diagram for you. Do you have a pic?

Did you get the control switches with them too?

I have a full set of electric leather recaros out of an E28 M5 and have the complete wiring loom and switches too. If they are the same switches I could easily do a wiring loom diagram for you. Do you have a pic?

can i buy your seats please .

cheers brent .

or do a deal with the 323i body

if they are memory seats i have a wiring loom for them.the only way to conect easy .

if they are not memory seats then its easy just need 12volts going all the time to the fat brown wire is earth , red/yellow wire is positive .

they arent memory seats but there is 8 wires coming out of the plug, what are the extra ones for??

one is for the light in the lumber surport switch . one for seat belt switch .

will have to look in my e34 manual to see what others are for .

call me if you want 021433600

You mean these...???

yes , could be interested in them , whats the condition , is that ivory colour ?.

They are ivory. Good condition. No rips etc. Just need a clean which I have started doing. They have been standing around for about 8 yrs.

What are they worth to you? I am still not sure if I want to get rid of them but...

they arent memory seats but there is 8 wires coming out of the plug, what are the extra ones for??

As Brent says, the red/yellow is positive, brown negative. Connecting these 2 wires will make the motors work. Maybe they are heated as well? Look under the seat and take the rear cover off and trace the wires?

I must have a few blonde hairs on my head somewhere....... :banghead:

I found the wiring in my car for my seats, it was there all along, I just didnt look hard enough..

But there is still one problem, the passengers seat plug is short of 2 wires so the back rest and head reast dont work but the seat base moves ok(up and down, back and forth). the drivers seat is all good, it has the right amount of wires for the new seats

I must have a few blonde hairs on my head somewhere....... :banghead:

I found the wiring in my car for my seats, it was there all along, I just didnt look hard enough..

But there is still one problem, the passengers seat plug is short of 2 wires so the back rest and head reast dont work but the seat base moves ok(up and down, back and forth). the drivers seat is all good, it has the right amount of wires for the new seats

your left seat most likly has fault with jammed up motors . same wires supply power to all motors .