Sign in to follow this  
yng_750

taupo track sessison

Though i would put this in general due to short notice.

Taupo motorsport park has decided to put on a couple of events this week.

RUSH HOUR ROAD CARS 4 - 5PM - Next dates 13th & 14th of June!!

We are offering you the chance to come out and have a blat around the track from 4-5pm for just $30!!!

Your car must have a W.O.F and rego. No race/rally cars.

All you need is a helmet(can be hired), long sleeved top & pants and closed in shoes

No Drifting.

Call 07 376 5033 for more info!

im going to take the 540i down, cant do to much damage in 1 hour.

apparently these will be a regular occurrence now but im guessing the first day will be more fun due to hopefully less people.

im going to take the 540i down, cant do to much damage in 1 hour.

Don't count on it! You will need to rest 540i road brakes quite a few times over an hour. After a couple of laps a road car will need a bit of a breather, or you could get things hotter than you want and really start to chew through them (brake pads, rotors and tyres, or even transmissions and engines).

Have fun, but keep your head...

Very keen to do a few track days soon but need to get the 540i in order before hammering it - suspension's good, needs better brakes/pads for track, engine needs some work before that kind of strain... Don't want to blow it up.

insurance doesnt cover it, but its only a car.

have driven street and track cars on tracks so i know its more fun to do an hour at 80% than 5 mins at 100%

im not actually going to drive for an hour just making a point.

be interesting to reset the average fuel consumption calculator before i start.

That was an absolute blast.

Due to it being their first ever afternoon track day i got the entire track to myself.

540i managed to go for the entire hour without issue.

could do about 2 laps hard then one easing off to stop the brakes cooking to badly.

did a 2.04 around the long track, not sure how good that fares but it got very interesting when it started raining.

heaps of fun catching the fairly snappy oversteer. could do with a faster steering rack but hey cant complain.

Deff going to go on track again.

Sounds like you should of changed your brake fluid or even better used racing brake fluid.

Are they going to run these on weekends too? or mainly week nights

Sounds like you should of changed your brake fluid or even better used racing brake fluid.

yeah i got street fluid i think, i can only manage a few laps and then have to stop for 5 minutes :lol:

track all to ones self, that would be nice

I was surprised that i had no issue with fluid. Pedal stayed fairly consistant. Pads just faded and lost grip, even then it was fairly easy to feel them going rather than them just fading instantly as i have had in the past. Got up to 180 on the back straight but took 200 meters to get it down to 60 again which is pretty sad.

Was good fun being alone as i could get it very sideways in the wet and not worry about other people if it bit back too hard.

They have another on tomorow at 4 but im stuck working. Not sure how often they will run them. Hopefully more in summer.

Pads didnt come to mind, i guess i always assume people are always running oem equivlant's or better.

I had oem Jurid pads and good fluid on the 740il and had no issues on the same track over 4 or 5 laps so whatever they are they must be lacking a bit.

you can get the track for $500 to do [almost] anything you want for a day

http://www.trademe.co.nz/travel-events-act...n-601833485.htm

and yea any track days I have run limit street cars to 10 min sessions/1 warm up lap, 3 hot, and 1 cool down

is usually enough to get neat brake fade

dot 5 fluid min is recommended in Subaru land with good pads, Taupo is fun!

Edited by JoKer