Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

Review: Shift Style

This guy has been very helpful in the past soren@schmiedmann.com.

They are on the other side of the world so prompt responses aren't always possible but I've generally had a reply by the next working day.

They are on the other side of the world so prompt responses aren't always possible but I've generally had a reply by the next working day.

yes He is very helpful. just got an email today saying part of my order havnt come in stock yet so will be a delay so replied back and got another email about 5-10mins later.

also sorry to hear about your bad experience, hopefully they come to the party and send you well wrapped replacements

Appreciate the contact Julian ... apparently Soren isn't dealing with this ... only just got a reply (after 3 emails!!!! Soren has forwarded this onto someone called Lau Pedersen to deal with. The reply email was about as short as it can be with little to no information other than "Thank you for your email, have forwarded this onto our shipping company" - not even an utterance of apology. NOT LOOKING GOOD!!

yes He is very helpful. just got an email today saying part of my order havnt come in stock yet so will be a delay so replied back and got another email about 5-10mins later.

also sorry to hear about your bad experience, hopefully they come to the party and send you well wrapped replacements

As above .... not happy at the moment at all about this and Schmiedmann is going on holiday soon - I highly doubt this will be sorted before then!!

Have to honestly say I am having a real sour experience with this company so far!!!

Have always used topgaiters, quite happy with all leather and suede boots, if someone's ordering sometime soon I need another set so could combine shipping etc...PM

And the saga continues .... I honestly can't understand how any of you guys have actually had good experiences with Schmiedmann ... I should have stuck with UK retailers - wouldn't have had to deal with any of this bullshit.

And the saga continues .... I honestly can't understand how any of you guys have actually had good experiences with Schmiedmann ... I should have stuck with UK retailers - wouldn't have had to deal with any of this bullshit.

I wouldn't worry too much about emails being 'short', Tom. Being half-Scandinavian myself I'm pretty familiar with abruptness from the Germanic peoples. It's partly just a cultural difference and partly English as a second language! In my experience they don't usually say much but generally deliver.

Feel bad that you've had a crap experience though as I have always been very happy to recommend them.

I wouldn't worry too much about emails being 'short', Tom. Being half-Scandinavian myself I'm pretty familiar with abruptness from the Germanic peoples. It's partly just a cultural difference and partly English as a second language! In my experience they don't usually say much but generally deliver.

Feel bad that you've had a crap experience though as I have always been very happy to recommend them.

Lol I was about to say it must be a Northern Europe thing!!! I feel like I am emailing and talking to Kimi Raikkonen with the brevity of each communication!! Frustrating!!

Have always used topgaiters, quite happy with all leather and suede boots, if someone's ordering sometime soon I need another set so could combine shipping etc...PM

If you're in no rush I'll probs be buying something end of July early Aug mate

I've always had great service from Pelican Parts

Detailed and constantly updated tracking, regular updates if there's delays with parts, and generally quick shipping, but shipping can be a bit costly on heavier items.